I woke up this morning feeling pretty optimistic about the day. I got up, got Landon and Addie (and the two neighbor girls, who I'm now watching in the mornings) off to school. I got the kitchen cleaned up from the breakfast mess, laid Ella down for a nap, cleaned the bathroom and showered. Then I thought I'd run look for a living room rug while I only had two kids to tow around with me.
I was looking around Tuesday Mornings and found a cute shower curtain for only $9.99 and I found a rug I think I'll go back and get. My phone alarm went off telling me that it was time for us to go pick up Addie from school. I went and checked out, loaded the kids in the van, and realized I couldn't find my keys. So, I quickly run in and ask if they've seen a set of keys. They hadn't. So I unload the kids, and start retracing my steps. Grant told me that he left they keys in the store. He couldn't remember where though. So, I start retracing my steps from when Grant got into the cart and started digging in my purse until I left. The two clerks were helping, we were on our hands and knees looking up and down every aisle, no luck. I go check the car again, not in there. I finally call Steven and ask him to please call a lady from church, who's daughter is in Addie's class, and ask her to pick up Addie as well, since she was getting out of school in 6 minutes. To make a very long story short, after searching for 45 minutes the clerk found my keys, hanging on a set of wrenches hanging that were hanging on the back of a shelf. Way to go Grant. How we were ever supposed to find those?! So, 45 minutes later, I was finally able to leave, with a screaming Ella because she was ready to go home and down for a nap about 30 minutes earlier!! Phew!
Then, tonight, Landon had soccer practice. This morning, when I was feeling optimistic, I had it all planned and scheduled out so our evening would go smoothly. Well, Steven was getting rid of his car and getting a new car, and that was all taking place right before we had to leave for soccer. So, I loaded up the 4 kids, a very heavy diaper bag, 3 bottles of water, and my 1,200 page copy of 'The Count of Monte Cristo' (which I need to finish for book group next month). I could get really wordy with how my hour and a half at the soccer fields was, but I'll just give you the highlights.
~ We couldn't find the right field, and FINALLY found his team, after visiting lots of other fields, standing right next to where we started!! They were meeting there then heading over to their field.
~ Our neighbor is on Landon's team, so we I ran over to get him and his dad. When I turned around I see Grant, standing in front of a lot of people, peeing. I run over, yank his pants up, sanitize our hands and explain to him that he can't just pee anywhere! We load our junk up and trek over to the field, that has NO SHADE!
~ Ella wallowed me pretty much the entire time. She was unhappy being held. Unhappy sitting on the grass, unhappy eating Cheerios, unhappy eating applesauce and drinking her sippy cup!
~ I look over my shoulder to check on Addie and Grant, who were running in an open area of grass next to us, and I see Grant with a very bear bum! He'd taken his shirt and underwear off!! I had to chase him down (while holding a grumpy Ella) and make him put his shorts back on (which he had peed a little in, which is why he took them off in the first place!
~ Ella, Addie, Grant and I were burning up sitting in the shadeless field and I was getting more annoyed by the second!
So, needless to say it wasn't the most glamorous day. The time between the two incidents was pretty easy going, so I am thankful for that at least. Well, my pillow is calling my name, so I'm going to put this day to rest!
3 comments:
oh man...I hope tomorrow is better!! Hang in there, Sarah!
So so funny. I love you so much and just know that this is the best time of your life!!! Jusk kidding (kind of). You will look back on this day and smile with fond memories. Here's to a better day!
Another reason why I need to live closer...I could of helped out on this day!
Post a Comment