Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Must be love!
So, for those of you who don't know, I have really dry skin. My fingers and heels take the worst beating and show the worst signs of my dry skin. The pads and tips of my fingers tend to crack and that makes doing basic things (like typing) kind of mildly annoyingly painful. I feel like I need to let everyone know this so they'll be able to appreciate my labor of love. I didn't buy Landon a new back pack this year. His from last year was in good shape, I loved that it was just a plain, cute blue and didn't have any character plastered all over it, and I'm cheap. But I did tell Landon that we could find some patches to put on there to spruce it up some. Well, here's what we ended up with.
Cute, and age appropriate (unlike some other character things they gear towards 6 year olds). But what's impressive is that I sewed them on (because iron-on's never hold as well as they should!) by hand with fingers that look like this. 

(to be honest, I was disappointed that my fingers are more photogenic than I am, because they look worse in real life!) Now that must be love!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh man! I know how painful that is--my hands do the same thing in winter. There's this product called "No Crack" that is the ONLY thing I have found that helps, but you have to get the "night" version. I'll look around and see if I can find some from last winter--I think you can get it at Walgreen's? Anyway, it's pink and it smells terrible, but it is sheer bliss and totally cures the problem.
Good job- that was VERY sweet of you. And I like his little guys, they're cute.
I worked with a guy who put super glue in the crack on his hands! it worked like a charm!
cute backpack though!!!
Have you ever tried "Working Hands"? I think you can get it at drugstores or WalMart/Target. I love it. You lather it on before bed and then put gloves (or in my case, socks) on your hands and when you wake up in the morning they are softer than a baby's bottom!
Post a Comment