We headed down to my parents house for Labor Day weekend. All my siblings were there and we had a TON of fun!! We spent a lot of time playing with cousins (and I'm so sad that I didn't get ANY pictures of Grant and Miles together, because, honestly, I could sit and watch those two boys all day long! They were SO cute together, played so great with each other, and were HILARIOUS!!!) The first day and a half we were there it was SUPER hot! So, the kids spent a lot of time in the pool!!
 |
| Can never have too many pool toys!! |
 |
| Not sure what was going on here, but I love how Landon looks so silly and Porter is looking at him with such a sincere grin!! |
 |
| Grant LOVED to be thrown in the pool! |
 |
| But after each throw he ended up looking like this!!! |
 |
| A good game of Chicken was quite the hit! |
Steven and Casey had a great time together. They spent a lot of time throwing footballs, baseballs, and shooting basket balls.
 |
| I think these two were just as happy to see each other as the kids were!! |
 |
| They need to work on their aim a bit. A wild baseball hit Amanda and Casey's van window and busted it out. I'm mad that I didn't get a good picture before they started knocking the rest of the glass out. It was a perfect little hole made by the ball. |

Not only did they break the van window, but they got a soccer ball stuck on the roof of the Elementary School. We took the kids one afternoon to play on the playground, and the dads got the ball stuck on the roof. Through a little teamwork, they were able to get it back down (twice, because after they got it down the first time, Porter threw it back up there and it had to be rescued again!) And Ella liked just sitting back watching everyone!
We made some supper yummy homemade ice cream. We made vanilla, and then we made delicious sweet corn and raspberry. Oh YUM! It was so good!!
We all got too bed too late, but it was well worth it! One night, after staying up too late, I headed to bed to find this! So, I just shuffled over to the empty bedroom and slept in there.
 |
| You can't see the smoke, but the smoke from the fire was blowing in her face and she was NOT a fan of that! |
And of course we had to make S'mores in the fire pit. We love to make them with peanut butter cups or plain chocolate. Oh SO GOOD!!!
The weekend was filled with other things too! The kids were able to go to a movie with Nana and Grampy. Steven and I were able to go to the Temple. We were able to do a little shopping. We did a little sewing project (well, Amanda did, Mom helped, and I watched!) We had a talent show, and the kids LOVED doing the jobs Nana assigned to them so they could pick something out of her store! (my mom has a big storage room in her basement where her food storage is kept. My kids refer to that room as 'Nana's Walmart'. Well, Nana's Walmart has added a toy section and so when the kids did their assigned chore (cleaning up the toys in the the toy area) they got to pick a toy from Nana's Store. They LOVED that!!!) It was a great weekend and we were not ready for it to end!!!
2 comments:
This sounds like so much fun!!! I went to the store today to replenish Nana's toy store. There are a lot of grandkids and I think we will have to limit the store to one trip per visit. We will see. I love you all!!! Let's do it again, soon!
Aagghh, I just did my labor day post and I really wish I would have read yours first, you remembered things I forgot, and had way better pictures. I didn't get any swimming pictures.
Post a Comment