Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Strange Fruit

Sometimes I feel like I don't take advantage of all the things there are to do in our local area. I get so busy living daily life, that I forget to do fun, different, new things. Well, tonight we made sure to take advantage of a really cool presentation by the Austrailian group 'Strange Fruit'. They were putting on a free out door performance and we decided last minute to go check it out. There were three women, standing on these tall poles (probably 15-18 feet tall!) and the poles were flexible and would bend this way and that. They put on quite the show. It was really cool to watch, although through the whole first half of it Landon kept saying 'This is freaky! It's freaking me out!'

We enjoyed just hanging out in the wonderful nice weather while we were waiting for it to start.






Then the show started. The three ladies came walking out and the kids weren't quite sure what to think of them. Landon leaned over to me and whispered "They're dressed immodest!"
Then they very gracefully climbed up the pole to get in position.
Once they were up, they raised up their huge skirts.
Then the crazy twisting, leaning, dancing started. We were all quite mezmorized.


We had a great night and were happy we went!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I agree with Landon. That is really freaky. Looks like fun though.

Leah said...

As Noah would say, "That's a wowzer!"