Friday, September 2, 2011

One of those kind of days...

It's only 7:23am, but in the hour that I've been up (with all my kids) I can already tell it's going to be one of those kind of days! So I thought, why not prepare myself for it by blogging, and catching up on things I've been neglecting to mention. We didn't have the best night last night. Landon didn't fall asleep until almost10:00pm and the only way I got him to fall asleep them was to let him sleep on our bedroom floor, and by that point I had already put Ella to bed twice! I laid down my very tired head at 11:20, and at 12:20 Ella decided she still wasn't ready to go to sleep. After feeding her, and laying her down, her crying and waking up Grant, feeding her again, laying her down again, and her crying and almost making me cry, and feeding her yet again, I finally got her to sleep at around 1:00am. Needless to say, when she cried out this morning at 6:20, I was less than pleased to see her cute little face. It didn't help that Addie and Landon were awake by that point and felt like it was a great time to talk NON-STOP! I'm hoping to get a nap today, but that looks doubtful. We're heading to my mom and dad's this weekend and I need to get all 6 of us packed, the house cleaned up, laundry finished, all while not letting Grant out of my sight (because today is 'poop day'. It's a new term that is used every other day around here, because Grant, who I thought was a dream to potty train, won't poop in the potty. So every other day, he somehow sneaks away from me and poops in his pants. Today I vow to catch him and get him on the potty. {I've vowed that the last 3 poop days, and haven't been successful yet!})
In other news, I gave myself a black eye the other day (I swear it's more noticeable in real life!). I was talking with my mom and sister on the phone, holding Ella and trying to get her johnny jumper thing centered on the door frame so she could jump around for a bit. Well, I knocked a picture off the wall, which crashed into my head. I got a little cut on my forehead by my hair line, and a black eye from where it hit me. Lovely... What else has happened? Um, last weekend we finally did something with our landscaping. Steven had a guy haul some big boulders in, which cost more than we were quoted, but it's quite the improvement. I didn't get a before picture, but it's looked pretty terrible for a LONG time. And the good thing about it? We can't kill the rocks like we've managed to kill everything else we've planted!

Okay, I really need to go get packed, clean, and run to the store. This post seems to be a good representation of how scattered my brain is lately. Should be an interesting day!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I think your black eye looks bad and I think Ella is too cute. Can't wait to see you in a few hours. Love you and be careful!

Katy Wilson said...

i'm calling a battered womens association for wife abuse. ;)

Sorry your days started off so crappy...but it sounds like you'll be with your family soon so that's always fun!

Maybe we can come up with a co-ownershp of the fudge factory so we can live IN THE SAME TOWN! oh my goodness how would we ever get anyting done! we'd be hanging out too much!

Leah said...

Have a great weekend-hopefully with lots of family around your kids will sleep like angels every night, worn out from all the fun!

Ooh, and I do like the rocks!