Tuesday, August 14, 2012

First day of school 2012-2013

The kids have been so excited about school starting. Although, you would have thought it was my first day of school with how many times I woke up in the night. I had the first day of school jitters and I wasn't even going to school! Then finally at 7:00 I got up to make waffles for the kids.
Then I had to make sure I got plenty of pictures. Landon LOVES this book bag that Steven picked out for him. I mean, he SERIOUSLY loves it. I had kind of a hard time convincing him to take a picture from the front, because he wanted the book bag in the pictures.
It's so hard to believe that this little boy of mine is in the 2nd Grade!!! And that he loved every second of it! He loved reading the best. He is super excited about this school year (and I must say that we are too! He has a great teacher and will be able to have a ton of great experiences this year)
And this beauty is in the 1st Grade. HOW?! How is this even possible?! And she came home thrilled too. She loves her teacher and thought eating lunch at school was pretty darn cool! Her teacher is so amazing, and within an hour of school being out I had an e-mail from Mrs. Schetzsle letting me know how great Addie did. She knew I was a bit worried, and I had mentioned some of my worries about Addie at the end of the school year last year. Mrs. Schetzsle remembered those concerns, and assured me how great Addie did. We even went over spelling words today after school and Addie knew all of them from practicing them at school today. I was SO happy to see she was paying attention and remembering what she was learning!!
Addie picked out this purple backpack. She LOVES purple, but I was kind of relieved surprised when she picked this one and not a princess one. SO cute!!
They wanted to show off their book bags and lunch boxes.
And then it was time to get on the bus. They have a new bus driver this year who seemed to be super cranky, which made me nervous. But the kid are only on the bus for like 10 or 15 minutes, and they assured me that she didn't yell at them because they obeyed all the rules!
Then after school we had to carry on the tradition of cookies and milk. Thanks to my one wonderful mom for starting this tradition twenty-some-odd years ago!
 
 
 Overall the day was a HUGE success and we're excited for what this school year will bring!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I had to chuckle because I asked Landon at date night if he was excited for school to start, and he told me in great detail about his backpack. Cute kid!

Lace and Joe said...

Awesome backpacks!!!!

Searls Stuff said...

Awwwww. I love hearing about a mother that is anxious about the first day of school and not SOOOO excited that the kids are FINALLY back in school. Can you come make waffles for me the morning I go back? Love you!

Steph said...

Your children are darling!! What a great mom you are!!