I feel like I say this every year, for each of my kids birthday's, but how in the world is this boy 8 already? It just seems impossible. It seems like he should still be that little baby who wouldn't sleep, or that toddler who would get into EVERYTHING and make the most ridiculous messes, or that 3 year old, who I thought would be the death of me because he was so stubborn and ornery. And while he has always been a sweet, fun-loving boy, he has turned into a very thoughtful, kind, funny, and smart kid. Oh man, I wish I could put into words how much I love this boy!!
Landon was lucky enough to have lots of family around for his birthday. My parents, brother and sister-in-law, other brother and little sister, my older sister and her family (5 cousins!!!!) and the Smith's from Nauvoo, all came in for the big day!! We started his birthday off with German Pancakes (one of his very favorite foods!) and apple juice (quite the treat to get juice around here!). Steven was kind enough to get up at 6:00 in order to get the quadruple recipe made that was needed to feed all the people we had here.
After breakfast we got ready and made our way over to the church. It's not very often that a kid can get baptized on their actual birthday! Well, Landon was lucky enough to have that privilege. We took some time to snap pictures before, and after the baptism, but I think most of the good pictures are on my sister's camera, and I forgot to get them onto the computer before they left. I guess I'll just have to wait to get them via e-mail.
| Landon and Dad |
| The family, (I REALLY hope Amanda got a better one of all of us!) |
| Me and my big boy!! |
| The cousins, minus the two littlest ones. |
| Landon and Steven with Jennifer and Sophie (and Ella). |
I'm SO mad that I forgot to take a picture of the Hot Dog Bar we had after the baptism. (so I stole a picture from my sister's blog, from when they did it for Porter's birthday). The Hot Dog Bar, has become our favorite thing to do for kids parties, because it makes kid food (hot dogs) more fun for adults to eat!
Then we had cake and ice cream. Landon wanted a batman cake this year (this boy LOVES super hero's. I mean, he really, really loves them!!!) He was happy with his cake, which made me happy!
It was a great day with lots of fun, family and love. Boy do we love this boy!!!

3 comments:
Sarah that quilt turned out great. ~Tally
Sounds like an awesome way to celebrate!! I love the quilt!
Did we forget to put my pictures on your computer?
Post a Comment