Thursday, August 2, 2012

One Day...


One of these days I'll get back to updating my blog regularly. I'm hoping that day will be in 2 weeks when the kids go back to school and we have a normal routine again! Until then though, here's some things we've been up to.

Grocery shopping with all four kids is probably my least favorite thing about summer. I do feel that my kids are getting better though. It also helps that they're so darn cute! I mean, even when she's pouting I can help but think that Ella is adorable! (and look! Her hair is long enough for pig-tails! SO CUTE!)
One night we made homemade ice cream sandwiches for our FHE snack. The kids LOVED them and I have to admit, they were pretty darn yummy!
We just finished swim lessons. Because of our crazy busy summer, we were only able to get in one session, and because I'm a bit of an air head, I signed each kid up for one level lower than they should have been. But since all the levels were full, they couldn't really move the kids up. Luckily, they had just as much fun being able to swim every day for 2 weeks. Grant acted shy for the first day or two, but slowly warmed up and did great!
This past weekend we went to Nauvoo for a long weekend. Steven had to be at a meeting in Iowa, about 2 hours from Nauvoo, so we decided to visit with the Smith's while Steven was at his meeting. It was so great to see Sophie again. We hadn't seen her since she got back from her 18 month mission in Alaska. The kids still adored her and we got to see her in the Nauvoo Pageant. The kids love the Country fair that they do before the pageant.
 The kids got to play the drums with the bag pipe band (which made Grant's day)!
Landon ran in a potato sack race. He did pretty darn good!!
Then the kids played a game of stick ball. Landon was so great to help Grant. They all had a so much fun!



Joe and Jennifer stayed with Grant and Ella while Steven and I took the kids to the Pageant. They both really liked it a lot!!
And it was extra fun to see Sophie in it!!
And of course, there were some cooking projects while we were there. The kids had birds in a nest one night for dinner. How cute! (thanks Pintrest!)
And then they made cookie pops. Which were actually yummier than I expected!!

No comments: