Sunday, June 15, 2008

Weekend update (Happy Father's day)

I was going to write a post about Father's Day, but to be honest, I HATE writing things for my loved ones birthdays, Mother's Day, and Father's Day. Reason being that I feel very passionate about the people I love, and trying to put that in words never ends up giving my feelings justice!!

So, all I'm going to say is that I couldn't have asked for a better husband to be the father of my children. Nor could I have asked for a better father while I was growing up (and obviously now). My dad and my husband are actually quite a bit alike. They are amazing people with strong values and their priorities in the right place. I have so many wonderful memories of my dad and I know my kids are going to have wonderful memories with their dad, and those are the things that will make them have a great relationship.

Dad with Landon and Steven with Landon

Steven with Addie, and Dad with Addie

My wonderful dad getting ready for our family jump rope competition, dad and his turkey he deep fried, and Steven and Dad arm wrestling.

Grampy and Steven with Landon

Steven with Addie

With that said, I thought I'd give a little update of what our weekend was like:

Friday:
  • Steven slept in (which is always the case on Fridays, since he always has Fri-Sun off. I'm supposed to sleep in on Saturdays)
  • We took his car into the shop (which, by the way, we got my parent's old car, so we now have two cars again)
  • Amanda and I went on a lovely 2 mile with WITHOUT our kids
  • Steven and Casey did yard work (can you tell we LOVE having Amanda and Casey back? We can't get enough of them!)
  • Steven and Casey went to a guys game night.
  • Hannie and I got the kids in bed and Hannie made a TON of yummy chocolate chip cookies (my little sister Hannah (or Hannie as the kids call her) is up visiting until Tuesday, and we've been having so much fun!)
Saturday:
  • Steven and Casey went to Terre Haute Indiana to help with some of the flooding that's been going on there. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive, and they left at 6:30 a.m. (there went my chance to sleep in!) and got home at 9:30 p.m.
  • Amanda came over and we cooked some wheat bread (Amanda cleaned my kitchen (TWICE))
  • I watched 4 kids for a lady I VT (so we had 1-7 month old, 2-1 year olds, 1-2 year old, 1-3 year old, 2-4 year olds, 2-5 year olds) It was a mad house, but the kids had a good time playing out side and playing the sprinkler! Good thing Amanda was here!
  • Amanda ran to drop Hannie off at a friends house. then ran to wal-mart
  • I made the WORST stir-fry in the history of the world for lunch! I know you're thinking, how do you mess up stir-fry? Well, I did it. It was TERRIBLE!!
  • We (and by we, I mean mostly Amanda) made the twice baked potatoes and cake for dinner for tonight (to save on time after church) and plus another cake for her YW class (she's now the Laurel Advisor)
  • I ran to the store after the babysitting kids were picked up to get some stuff for dinner
  • We invented (kind of copied) a yummy pesto pasta for dinner (the kids got Mac and Cheese)
  • Had yummy home made milkshakes for dessert
  • Gave at least 5 baths to different kids throughout the day
  • Addie went in the big girl potty twice yesterday!
  • Got the kids in bed, then Steven came home!!
  • I went to go to wal-mart to get a few things for Steven's 'Father's Day' breakfast, but when I got in the van, it wouldn't start, it wouldn't even turn over! Steven had to take the battery out, and Amanda came and picked me up and then she and I rand to the store to get the stuff I needed, PLUS a new battery for our car.
  • Steven installed the battery, and was finally able to go to sleep around 11:30.
  • I made Steven's 'Monkey Bread' (father's day breakfast that has to raise over night) then finally went to bed at midnight.
Sunday:
  • Got up at 6:30 to finish making the 'Monkey Bread'
  • Steven had to go to bishopric meeting at 10:00 and was in meetings all morning (yeah, I'm not really LOVING his new calling of Executive Secretary, but I won't complain)
  • I got myself and the kids ready, packed Steven a lunch, and headed off to church
  • Was excited to listen to the YW lesson instead of teach it, since I've been released as the Laurel Advisor, and am now the 1st counselor.
  • Landon slept all through church (which is SHOCKING! and also explains why he is still awake at 10:15 pm, even though he woke up at 6:45!)
  • Came home from church and had a YUMMY father's day dinner of meatloaf, twice baked potatoes, and Crazin' salad and a DELICIOUS cake
  • Addie is sleeping in her 'Piglet bed' (her toddler bed that looks like the bed piglet sleeps in) and hopefully she'll sleep in there good, and we can transition her out of her crib easily!
Okay, sorry for the wordy blog. Hope you all had a great weekend and a great Father's day!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have a hard time putting my feelings towards those I love in writing. It was fun to see the pictures though.
Alanna

Zarsky Family said...

busy weekend! I bet it's great to have amanda back.

Lynners said...

It's so fun to hear about your family. How fun that you're all together like that!

Katy Wilson said...

why are there no pictures of you on here...i want to see your cute little pregnant self...