I have some cute pictures to blog, and I've been meaning to do it for a while, but keep forgetting! But I'll get to that in a minute, first things first, Steven and I went to Nauvoo Thursday night thru Saturday night WITHOUT KIDS! It's the first time since we've had kids that we got to go away together without our kids. Thanks to my wonderful sister, Amanda, and her husband and my great friend Melissa (who's idea it was, and made it all happen! You guys are GREAT!!!) It was a short trip, but OH SO RELAXING!! The first morning (Friday) Steven and I both slept in until almost 10:00 and then Steven got up and I dozed off some more. Then I woke up to waffles in bed (what a great husband!!) We then got ready and went to the temple, and then afterwards we had lunch and some down time (and we played some Rock Band~SO FUN!!) then we made our way to Carthage for a commemoration of Joseph Smith and Hyrum Smith's martyrdom. After that we went to dinner with our good friend the Smiths (who are kind enough to let us stay with them every time we got to Nauvoo). After dinner we played Wii (and Joe TOTALLY kicked my butt at bowling!!)
This morning Steven went to the Smith family cemetery (I offered to go with him, but since I was still sleeping, he told me to go back to sleep and he'd go by himself) then we did some shopping, then just enjoyed our time with our friends before heading back home.
When we got home we met Amanda and Casey at the pool with the kids, and had a fun time there. Then we all came back to our house for yummy cake (left by Melissa) and ice cream. What a rejuvenating weekend!! I feel like a new mom and wife!
Okay, on with the pictures...
Landon started swim lessons this past week. As you can see from the one picture of Addie, she was not very happy about the fact that Landon got to swim and she didn't! Landon did great the first day, the second day he freaked out for some reason, but he is doing good again. What fun!
Here are some cute pictures of Addie coloring. I just think she's the cutest little thing. I loved how she was resting her head on her arm. Oh, sometimes I think I could just eat her up! (of course I'm a bit biased!)
Addie, playing in the van. And yes, I know I need to clean the van out. I'll get around to it sometime!
4 comments:
Good for you guys to go on a trip without the kids! Marcus and I decided while we were on our honeymoon that we wanted to make it a goal to go on a trip together...just the two of us...every year on our anniversary. Of course we haven't been able to afford a big trip every year, but we have gone away together each anniversary so far. I always feel like I'm a better wife and mother for it. And now I think Connor looks just as forward to that weekend as we do because he gets spoiled by his grandma who watches him.
P.S. I think there is hardly anything more cute than a little boy and his boots...adorable!
i know it seems like all i can ever say is that your kids are ab-so-lute-ly adorable! and...i am very sad taht i missed out on the visit to nauvoo!!
That's great! We went to Palmyra and Niagra Falls for 3 days in March '07. I still feel rejuvenated when I think of that trip. I was pregnant at the time, but it was still great.
dear sarah...
i was just wondering if you were still alive...you haven't blogged for a while...you haven't commented on any of my blogs for a while...adn you didn't answer your phone the ohter day (but that doesn't surprise me).
write back asap
lylas
bff
ttyl
lol
Katy
Post a Comment