Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Mother's day? What is there to say about Mother's day? Being a mother myself, I find it's very difficult to explain my feelings on this day. I'm overwhelmed by my feelings towards my own mom. I'm swamped by the love I feel as a mom towards my own children. I also feel this empowerment with how important I feel that my job, as a mother, is. Although being a mom is less glamorous than being a garbage man, I never feel like I could or should be doing something more important with my life. What's more important than my kids? NOTHING. Anyway, I could go on and on about this, but I won't. I wanted to just put down some of my thoughts about being a mom and about my own mom.

BEING A MOM
I'm positive that I could never become the person I need to be if I weren't a mother. I've grown in ways that I wouldn't have, had I not had children.

Everyday I'm constantly amazed by the intense love I have for these little beings that really do make my life so hard.

It kind of scares me that I'm responsible for something that is so important to me. I'm quite the screw up. I'm not very organized, talented, trendy, smart, or able. How can their future rest on me? I am SO thankful for the knowledge I have that I am not doing this alone. I have a wonderful husband, and more importantly, we have a Heavenly Father who will give us the help and support we need in raising this special spirits.

Okay, I'm getting tired (because I'm a mom and am sleep deprived) so I'm going to jump over to things about my mom.

MY MOM
Honestly, I've heard a lot of people today say that their moms were the best. I can't think of ANYONE who is better than my mom. She really is amazing.

There is no way I could do my job, as a mom, without her.

She's always gone out of her way to make sure her kids know she loves them.

When I was a very moody teenager we would get into quite a few tiffs. I remember she used to say that it was because we were a lot alike. I really hope that's true. I would love to someday be like her.

She's the very best Nana ever! My kids would pick her over me in a hear beat!

She's super talented. She can cook, sew, or figure out a way to create just about anything.

She's very frugal. She is so responsible with money and things she's intrusted with.

And here's a story about me and my mom that I was telling my kids this morning before church. When I was little and would get into trouble, my mom would make me go sit on my bed. I would feel so bad that she was upset with me and I would just cry and cry. I wanted her to know that I loved her and I didn't want her to be mad at me, so I would sing, amid my sobs, 'Mother I love you. Mother I do. Father in Heaven has sent me to you. When I am near you, I long to hear you. Singing so softly that you love me too. Mother, I love you. I love you, I do.' I'm still teased about it in our family.

I really do love my mom and I love being a mom. I think a big reason I understand the importance of being a mom, is because I had my mom as an example.

No comments: