Thursday, May 21, 2009

Like Mother like Son...

Me as a 2 year old (I think) Mummy for Halloween
Remember a couple weeks ago when I was recalling when I was a little girl and would sing 'Mother I love you' to my mom when I would get in trouble?

Well, the other night I was putting the kids to bed. After doing all of our normal bed-time routine stuff Landon decided he needed me to tell him another story. I told him that it was already past his bed time and that I needed to go clean up the kitchen (Steven was at the Elmer's trying to help get Casey's car running). I went down stairs and Landon was screaming and crying!! He was yelling 'TELL ME A STORY!!' Finally I went up to his room and said 'Landon, here's a story for you. If you keep screaming like that, I'll erase you're behavior marks for the day so you'll have an empty chart tomorrow!' (we've started a chart and Landon gets a mark when he's obedient and kind. After he fills the chart he gets a Mario game for my DS). Then he started really wailing and saying that that was a mean story. Anyway, I told him that he had crossed the line and if he didn't stop he'd be in BIG trouble!
Then I went downstairs and started cleaning and I could hear him in the baby monitor crying then, amid his sobs I heard this 'Mother I love you. (sob, sob, sob) Mother I do! (sob, sob, sob) Father in Heaven has sent me to you (sob, sob, sob). When I am near you, I long to hear you (sob) singing so softly that you (sob) love me too! (sob, sob)" I of course had to go up and cuddle with him for a while (I did not, however tell him a story, because his behaviour really was horrendous!) When we were done cuddling, I of course had to try to call my mom to tell her the story.

6 comments:

Lace and Joe said...

That is precious. Put tears in my eyes. What a awesome kid you have there.

Zarsky Family said...

What a sweet boy he is!

Jessie said...

That is way cute!

Katy Wilson said...

Hah! That is hilarious!

Amanda said...

where did you get that picture? You look like
Bennett - all grungy like!

Kathy said...

First of all, that is not a mummy costume, you got into my dresser and those are my bra's around your neck!
Second, what goes around, comes around..... aren't you lucky?