Monday, May 25, 2009

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

1. I made these YUMMY shish-kabobs for lunch this week for our 'Weight Loss Group' (a group of us who meet once a week for lunch as we're all trying to lose weight and set goals for weight loss. Is it a bit ironic that we get together to eat? Maybe a bit, but we try to make healthy meals to give us new recipes to cook in our attempt to become healthy!) I was proud of them because I grilled them all by myself. We actually had them again for dinner later that week!!2. Addie had her 3 year check up last week. She's healthy as a horse. She's in the 80th percentile for weight and 75th for height. I thought she was just too cute in her little gown with the back open!3. This little chunk also went into the doctor to see if he had an ear infection (which he didn't) and he weighed 19 lbs 10 oz!! He's 20 pounds of sweetness!4. I noticed a birds nest on our rain gutter thing a week or so ago. This week when working in my garden I noticed there are now baby birds in there!! We've had fun watching them. Funny quote from Landon: (talking to Amanda) "What do baby cheep-cheep's eat? Oh, I know! Bird seed!!" I have NO clue why he called them baby 'cheep-cheep's' Silly kid!5. Speaking of my garden, it's finally in! It took me forever to figure out how I wanted to do it. I did a version of a square foot garden. I actually made it a 4 feet by 8 feet. And I was worried that my plants wouldn't have enough root space, so I dug all the grass out (by hand, mind you) then mixed my dirt and then planted the plants. The kids had a GREAT time helping! It's amazing how rewarding planting your own little garden can be!6. I found Landon like this last week in the bathroom. I was never a fan of kids playing video games, especially at a young age, however, Landon learned how to play the Nintendo DS while at my moms and now he LOVES it. I found a cute $10 little boy game that is great for him. It has all sorts of games that makes him use his head.


7. I went walking one night this week and when I left the kids were in their own beds. When I got home, this is how I found them. Landon asleep in my bedroom doorway. Addie laying halfway on my bed with her legs hanging off, and Grant knocked out next to Steven. I'm not sure why this tends to happen when I leave the house at night...8. We had a fun and busy day today. I love holidays when we get an extra day with Steven home. We decided that we would work until noon on getting stuff done around the house. We were able to get the kids room done (which needed to be done and all of Grants clothes changed out for the next bigger size (9-12 months)), the bathrooms done, the toy room, the office and the kitchen. We're working on cleaning out all of our junk and getting ready for a yard sale. I have a huge black trash bag full of 'throw away' toys and another huge black trash bag full of toys to sell at the yard sale. It's INSANE how much junk and clutter have have in this house!! After that we headed over to the Elmer's and enjoyed the day with them. We made a yummy dinner and played some games before taking the kids home and getting them in bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I miss walking with you!! Your kids look adorable...as always! And I LOVE the garden. A girl in my ward here did that exact same garden, it turned out really good. Good luck!!

Lake said...

I would really like some more pictures and details on your garden. Mark has even expressed interest in helping. What did you do and what did you plant?

Zarsky Family said...

Those kabobs look yummy! I love your garden too. My mom is here with us again for a week and I am so excited to have her back! When she leaves this weekend, she is taking Lucas home with her to Atlanta for 2 weeks!