Tuesday, September 1, 2009

ZOO!!!

A while back Steven won a contest at work (no surprise there, my AMAZING husband wins just about every contest they hold at work because he's that great!). One of the rewards for winning was an extra paid day off. So he cashed that day in yesterday and were decided to take the kids to the zoo. What a perfect day for it too! The high was 73 degrees and school has started so there weren't very many people there. We called my mom and dad to see if they wanted to meet us there for the day. It's about half way between our houses so we thought we'd meet in the middle. They had a lot of things to do but met us from about 10:30 to 2:00ish. The kids were SO excited to go to the zoo, but it was even better than Nana and Grampy met us there!!We got to pet some sharks and pet some goats.Nana and Grampy had to leave before we got to see the giraffes, elephants, kimodo dragon, and, Steven's favorite, the Scottish Highland Cow! Landon told me I had to put the pictures on my 'poster' for Nana and Grampy to see (I'm still not sure why he calls my blog a poster, but whatever!)Of course we loved the monkeys. This one was cute and showing off for us. But he wasn't quite as cute as these monkeys!And of course, we had to get ice cream (thanks to Grampy and Nana!)
Thanks Nana and Grampy for making to drive to spend a couple hours with us! We had so much fun and were so happy to see you!!!

8 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

Your kids get bigger and cuter with every blog!!

Do you ever say things like "Katy posted a new blog" or "Wow, Jennie Mack hasn't posted a blog in forever!" Cause if you do, maybe that is where Landon got the 'poster'...

cute...

Gigi said...

When did Addie get so big?

Kathy said...

Landon and Addie, was that elephant doing tricks???? That is crazy. I am so sad I missed it. I miss you too. I hope you have a fun time at Big Eli's house. I love Landon and Addie and Grant a bushel and a peck and a big hug around your necks.

Amanda said...

You should have had steven stand under the sign that says "I'm a scottish highland cow." That would have been stinkin funny!

Lynners said...

You're so good. Looks like you had a great day!

Alayna said...

What an awesome zoo! I can't say that I have ever seen a Scottish Highland Cow before. I think that is my favorite too!

Anonymous said...

What a great day!! I am so happy that you got to spend another fun day with your parents. They are such fabulous grandparents! :)

Searls Stuff said...

I have always love going to the zoo. I can still remember when your family visited us in El Paso and we went to the zoo there. What fun memories.