Friday, September 25, 2009

GOOD NEWS!!

My computer didn't die!! For some reason, when Steven did the same exact troubleshooting things that I did, it now works (but didn't work when I did those same things!!) But I'm so happy that it works that I'm not even a tiny bit upset that my computer is sexist and wouldn't fix because I'm a girl!

Anyway, today after Steven went to bagpipe lessons and I went visiting teaching, we took the kids to the local celery bog. It was a cool, gray day and we thought it would be nice to go out there and see the different color of leaves and maybe snap come pictures. Wouldn't you know that by the time we all had our clothes (including undies for both of my kids who for some reason think that after they go to the bathroom they don't need to put their undies back on. We're working on this...) and shoes on, and were all in the car, it started to sprinkle. I though, no big deal. It was light, soft drizzly sprinkles. But by the time we got there, it was more like a soft, steady, very wet rain. So, we made our way inside where they have different activities and stuff for the kids. We were the only ones there, besides the very nice lady who worked there and the kids had a blast.

We were able to watch a very cute, albeit random puppet show. First just by the kids: Then Steven joined in on the fun.And I had to get a behind the scenes view of the great performers.Then the kids played with some puzzles, played with some flannel board animals, and we watched some birds and ground squirrels from the observation area. It was a fun outing for a cold, gray, rainy day.

No comments: