Of course Landon had to strike a Spiderman pose!!
They had a great time and we're excited to keep busy this winter by attending Preschool!
After Preschool we had lunch then quite time. The kids played and watched a movie while I sewed on a quilt I'm making. When Grant woke up from his nap we headed over to our neighbors. They're an older couple and have turned all of their land into a neighborhood 'park'. They've mowed part of their lawn like a baseball diamond and they have bats and balls out all the time for anyone who wants to play. They have a cute tree swing, 


a huge concrete checker board with wooden pieces,
and a little golf course (three 'holes') with clubs and balls for anyone to use.
We went over with a plate of brownies a couple weeks ago and ever since then Landon has been dying to go over and play. We've received flyers from them before letting us know that anyone in the neighborhood is welcome to go play anytime they want, but since we'd never introduced ourselves we'd never gone before. Well, today we finally made it over and spent a while teaching the kids to play checkers, swinging, golfing, and collecting pine cones. It was a fun time!! They even have a barn (which I'm in LOVE with. I don't know why, but I love barns!!)
We also got to see A LOT of Grants new scrunched up face he's been making at us. They're a bit blurry because he was lunging at me while making the face.
And just a few more random pictures of our little adventure.

This picture of Landon CRACKS ME UP!!!Overall, it was a lovely day!!
8 comments:
In that picture of Landon at the end there...I see a TON of steve in him. Its cute.
What a fun day, just going to the neighors house. Your kids are so lucky to have you for their mom. I hope one day they realize how lucky they are.
WOW! What a fun day! The neighbors house looks so fun! I love the checkerboard!
That looks like so much fun! What a great day. You really are the best mom and your kids are so lucky to have such a fun, spunky lady for a mom.
Your neighbors sound like wonderful people. How thoughtful of them to share their land with the neighborhood. You are so lucky!
I was going to type "What a fun day!" but that's what everyone else said. So instead I'll say that I wish I was there with you guys instead of all alone in my apartment sick in Provo. Haha, I love you and miss you guys. And as a follow up comment to moms, I hope mom knows that we all realized how lucky WE were to have such a good mom.
When I get old I'm going to be just like your neighbors! That is so fun that they have all of that for the neighbor kids! And Grant's scrunchy face is so cute!
Cute pics. I LOVE the checker board. How fun that they go to school together! That's really cool.
Post a Comment