Last week I was cleaning up the kitchen and realized my kitchen floor was FILTHY! I love my floor because it hides dirt so well, but the bad thing about that, is it has to get REALLY bad before I notice and actually clean it. Well, I was really dreading mopping (since I've never found a mop I like, so I always clean it on my hands and knees). So I told the kids to get their bathing suits on, ran some mop water, then turned it over to them. I gave them each a cup, let them throw water all over the floor, then gave them a rag and they went to town. You would have thought it was Christmas morning! I went and got the really bad spots then when they were about done (they ever wiped down the walls!) I just got a towel, dried up, and my floor was squeaky clean!


Even Grant joined in on the fun but he was afraid if I caught him cleaning that I'd get in trouble for breaking child labor laws, so he quickly pretended he wasn't doing anything. Kind of him, don't you think?
Landon and Steven had been wanting pretzels 9like you get at the mall) so I decided to make some. The kids had a blast helping. I wish I found that much joy and excitement in mopping and cooking.



After we were done we got to work cleaning up (I really don't believe in those child labor laws ;)). 

I read an article about families working together, and although it's harder that way, it really is more rewarding!!
3 comments:
I couldn't help but notice what appears to be a gigantic stack of cookies next to your sink! Are those weight watcher approved Sarah? I think not...
But, I do LOVE the idea of having the kids to the 'really fun cleaning'...now if I could only find a man that would be willing to have kids with me so I can utilize this practice...hmmm...
Haha, Seeing pictures of the kids makes me miss them so much! I get down on my hands and knees to scrub our kitchen floor, too because we don't have a mop. My roomates don't help, though. I never thought about doing it in my swimsuit, though... Maybe if I did it in my speedo it would motivate my roomates to do it so they don't have to watch me...
You are such a good mom. Your kids are very lucky to have been born to you and Steavo.Tim
Post a Comment