Wednesday, November 18, 2009

and now I'm back...

Okay, so just to report back on my progress yesterday in getting my upstairs cleaned, I succeeded! Well, kind of. I got the room cleaned, but I didn't get it organized like I would have liked. I was very pleasantly surprised when I asked Landon and Addie to clean up their room, and Landon cleaned the whole thing by himself, without me having to say "Landon, remember, you're supposed to be cleaning" even once!! Granted, all that was really on their bedroom floor was blankets, but he put them on the beds and made the beds and even put some of the baby blankets that were out back where they went. Of course, while I was in the shower today my kids dumped Fruit Loops all over my bedroom floor, but besides that (and the laundry I need to fold and put away) we're just about there. Steven has to work this Friday so maybe I'll lock the rest of us in the house and just clean clean clean until the whole house is at least livable. I feel like we're drowning in house work these days!!

In other news, Landon and Addie went to the fire station for a field trip for preschool today. One great benefit to helping out at their preschool (besides them going for free, which is GREAT!) is that I get to see and experience all the fun things their great teacher plans! They had fun at the fire station, (Landon had a bit too much fun!!) and I'm pretty sure Landon now wants to be a fireman when he grows up (and I've got to tell you, it looks like a pretty sweet deal! There were big comfy chairs, a big tv, treadmill, kitchen with three fridges, and they get to enjoy that all while at work (when they're not risking their lives to help people stuck in fires!)). The firemen were really nice and patient with the kids. Here are some pictures I got while there.And I think Landon got a hold of my camera before preschool, because I found these pictures on there this morning!
Alright, I'm going to try to be productive before I take the kids into the doctor (I think Grant might have an ear infection and Landon has had a persistent cough that has started waking him up at night! Chances are they'll tell me the kids are fine and I'll just have to wait it out...). But then again, maybe I'll try to take a little nap while Grant's sleeping before we go...hummm....what to do...

1 comment:

Searls Stuff said...

Wow! Little Miss Sunshine's hair has really gotten long! Your son look like he may have found a possible career choice. Cute pictures.