Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Week

Well, Amanda really reamed me for not having pictures of the kids in their Halloween duds yet, so lets get that out of the way. We were in Nauvoo for the week of Halloween and did a ton of fun things. Originally Landon wanted to be a mummy. However, we got searching through the costumes that the Smiths had and Landon fell in love with this Bat costume. He wore it all week, and for the first hour or so he kept standing in front of the mirror saying "This is SO cute! I look So cute!!' it was pretty funny. Here's our Bat (not Batman though, he'll correct you if you call him Batman!)They're not the best pictures, but you can get the idea!Addie was a Ballerina again. She threw quite a fit about dressing up. She wanted to be a Ballerina until we got to Nauvoo, then she found a little pioneer girl dress (well, just the outside apron type of thing). It was cute, but sleeveless and short, and it was cold on windy, so she couldn't wear it. We finally convinced her that she wouldn't get any candy if she didn't wear a costume, but to show her unhappiness with not being able to wear the pioneer girl, she kept taking her hair bows out, so she looked a little rag-tag! And Grant was the cutest little bear. And he was pleasant the whole night (as usual!)The kids had such a blast Trick-or-Treating. I drove the van and Steven and the kids would jump out at each house. The neighborhood we were in was really spread out, so we were happy we chose to do that. After every house both kids would show me what they got. Then they talk until the next house about how much fun they were having, how they LOVED Trick-or-Treating, how Halloween was the best thing EVER! It was pretty fun!Now, onto other fun festivities! We had a great time in Nauvoo. The kids were SPOILED by all the attention they got. Besides the tantrums (where there were more of than I would have liked!!) we had such a great time! Addie and Sophie played 'Girl Games' on the computer!(that's the little pioneer dress Addie wanted to wear trick-or-treating and refused to put anything under it!!)Landon and Eli played video games and watched movies.And Addie cooked to her little hearts content with Jennifer! (by the way, Addie LOVED that little bowl. It was her FAVORITE!!)We had a great Halloween Feast! We had Witches Brew (yummy Broccoli Cheese soup), mummies (pigs in a blanket) severed fingers (cookies that turned out looking GREAT!) and some fun yummy cupcakes!! The kids had so much fun decorating the cupcakes!! Another night we had shepherds pie with mashed potato ghosts on top. SO CUTE!!And another great thing is I got to spend some time with my great friend Katy! Not as much as I would have liked, but I'll take what I can get!Plus we got to go to the Pumpkin Walk (where they had over 450 pumpkins intricately carved lining the main street in Nauvoo). So cool and I couldn't figure out a good way to take a picture of it!Plus Steven and I were able to go to the temple which is always great!!And this is the most exciting thing EVER!! When I was little, my Grandpa (and I think my dad helped, but maybe not) made my sister and I the BEST little kitchen set. When my parents moved from Nauvoo though, my dad gave it to the people who bought their house. I've been SO mad about it ever since. Well, this weekend, Steven knocked on their door, paid them $40 and it is now in our possession again!! I so happy I could do a little dance! Honestly, I can't think of anything more exciting!! It was really dirty and in need of a little TLC, but here's it is. I'm hoping to clean it up, sand it down and paint it. I'll post those pictures when I finish it. Landon and Addie spent all night playing with it. I owe my husband BIG time for this. It's made my year (and I can finally forgive my dad!!).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the kitchen set!! So cute. Steven is so good to you...and yes, now you can finally forgive your dad. :) The kids look cute! I miss them and you dearly. It looks like you all had a great time in Nauvoo.

Searls Stuff said...

Oh I am soooooo glad you found the kitchen set. I kept my fingers crossed for so many years that I would have a little granddaughter to pass Becca and Leslie's down to. Maggie just loves hers. She plays tea party with it ALL the time. Your little ones will be so happy you got it for them. Good girl!

Lace and Joe said...

I miss your stinking guts!!!!

Katy Wilson said...

Yeah for the kitchen set!!! I remember bringing it up to Sister Ramen at church the last time you were back and I was there and I got all weepy just asking her about it becauseI knew how much it meant to you...

I wish we could of spent more time together...we'll have to coordinate sometime when there are no pumpkins involved...

tacy said...

They made you pay $40 for something that was basically yours anyway?! Well at least you have it!
You should have taken a picture of the pumpkins you carved! You did a really good job!!