Saturday, November 14, 2009

A little bit of this...a little bit of that...

1. Our little toy kitchen has been getting used quite a bit lately (which thrills me to no end!). The kids have made me Mac N Cheese, peanut butter bars, hot dogs, rice crispy treats, hot chocolate with marshmallows, pumpkin pie, and strawberries. I'm starting to get an idea of what they would live off of if they did all the cooking! One day I walked in to find that Addie was obviously making some graham crackers.2. Guess who's home! LANDON!! We're so happy to have him back. We missed that little guy! Mom called on Wednesday morning and said that Landon was wanting to come home. Of course it was the only day that week where I was trying to figure out my timing to get everything done. We had preschool that morning from 9-11:30, then I had to go to the store to do some major shopping, come home and make chili for the shelter in town and have that dropped off by 4:00 (plus make sure Grant got his naps because he's been grumpy and not sleeping well lately!), then after dinner I was going to work on my chair that I've been in the process of reupholstering. Well, we ended up not going to preschool, making the chili (with a lot of stuff thrown together in hopes that it would be enough), and dropping it off on our way out of town (at 9:00 am). We met mom and Landon half way between our houses, had lunch, then came home and went straight to the store. We were excited to find some Halloween costumes on sale for $1.20! Only boy costumes, but still! Landon got a cool white ninja and Megatron costumes. We are in the process of thinking of a better way to organize all of our dress up clothes, because we have a TON (I'm open to suggestions!). They didn't have any girl costumes on sale, but it's fine with me because Addie has a TON of dress up clothes thanks to Stevens sister who gave us her daughters hand-me-downs. 3. Speaking of hand-me-downs. Grant is feeling the effects of being the 4th boy in some of these baby clothes (after going through Porter, Landon, Bennett and now Grant!)4. And speaking of Grant, I think he's teething. Maybe getting his 1 year molars. He's been quite fussy lately, not sleeping well, sucking on his bottom lip a lot, and drooling a lot. I can't see a tooth coming in anywhere though, so either I'm way off on the diagnosis, or the tooth (or teeth) is a long time coming, which is going to make for a fun next couple of weeks!!!5. The count down has begun! We made chains to count down the days till Thanksgiving and we get to see the Elmer's again! Landon and Addie have been SO excited to see their cousins, but poor Addie doesn't really understand how far away it is. I guess I'm confusing her because I keep talking about how close it is, but it's all a matter of prospective. Addie keeps telling Landon "I want Maya to see my pajamas, so I'm going to keep them on until she comes" or "I want to show Maya this, so I'm going to put it in my pocket until she gets here". I was hoping the chain would help her realize that she can't live in her pajamas with nick-knacks stuffed in her pockets for the next two weeks! I'm not sure if it's really helping or not, but I get excited everyday when we take a link off!6. This is just for Maya! Here are some pictures I took of Fraidy while we were at Nana and Grampys house last week. She thought she'd finish eating Grants lunch. And one morning, she jumped on the table and started eating Landon's cereal WHILE he was STILL EATING IT! I had to put her out in the garage and give her her own food!And another day she was sleeping on the couch, so Addie decided to make her a house out of pillows. She slept there for about 2 HOURS!! She must have LOVED that house!!7. In weight-loss news, I gained two pounds last week (after being on 'vacation' for two weeks). So I was bummed about that, but I lost 1 pound this week, so at least I'm working my way back down. That makes me happy. I'm really hoping to have a great loss this next week so I don't have to feel so guilty at Thanksgiving. Then if I can continue to lose until Christmas, and just maintain during Christmas, then I'll be happy with starting the new year off on the right track! Wish me luck!!

No comments: