Friday, November 20, 2009

things you never cared to know...

Sometimes I wonder what my mom was like as a 28 year old mom. What was she like when she was in my situation? What were some of her quirks, preferences, annoyances, guilty pleasures? Well, I thought I'd jot down some of the little known facts about me for my kids (with pictures of my kids sprinkled in), for when they're older and wonder what the 28 year old version of their mom was like.

1. I really struggle with housekeeping. I have a constant struggle on how much time I really should spend on my house. I truly believe that I'm a 'Stay-at-home MOM' NOT a 'Stay-at-home HOUSEKEEPER' so my house isn't always clean (although I would LOVE to always have a clean house). However, I am REALLY anal about one thing. My laundry soap cup. I can not stand to have my soap cup gummy and sticky. So I rinse it out after every use. The rest of my house could be going to pot, but my laundry cup MUST be clean!2. Speaking of laundry, Oxiclean Maxforce has got to be THE BEST stain treater EVER. I've never found anything that works better. It works on thing that have been stained and washed for months, or new stains. It's amazing!

3. I have a couple different body sprays from Bath and Body works. I've noticed lately though, that if I'm wearing pink or lighter colors, I use the spray that's pink. If I'm wearing brown, I'll wear the Vanilla spray (because it's brown). If I'm wearing blue or black (cooler colors) I wear my darker blue spray. And if I'm wearing jakey clothes I tend to wear my light blue spray. I'm not sure why I feel like I need to match my sprays to my outfits.4. I'm not sure if anyone in the world, besides my family, uses the word 'jakey'. It's a perfect word that I can't believe most people don't use. It means sloppy, baggy, or just casual clothes.

5. My world would fall apart without Burt's Beeswax chap stick. Well, that and carmex.6. A couple years ago Steven got me a Nintendo DS for Christmas, and I've secretly LOVED it. It broke a while back (someone snuck it outside and it got rained on) and we've been talking about getting it fixed and I'm so excited to have it working again.

7. I LOVE to read. I don't read as much as I'd like to though, because once I start I can't stop and everything gets ignored.8. I LOVE LOVE LOVE having one on one time with my kids. Tonight I had to take dinner to someone and just Landon came with me to drop it off. I loved talking to him in the car. For some reason, if you add the other two kids though, I don't enjoy being talked to as much. Same is true with Addie and Grant. If I have them just one on one, I'm much more patient and enjoy them more. Sometimes I have this guilty feeling that I've done a disservice to my children by having them closer than 10 years apart, because I think I'd be a good mom to just one kids. But three little ones at the same time? I'm just not as good as they deserve.9. I'm in LOVE with Aldi. We just had an Aldi open up on this side of town and you would have thought it was Christmas with how excited I was! I got a 3 pound bag of gala apples (and they were good) for $1.19!! That's like buy one pound get two for free!! I got four gallons of milk for $1.49 a gallon! Eggs were $0.49 a dozen, 3 pound bag of boneless skinless chicken breasts are something like $5.99 a bag or something. Anyway, you can't hardly beat their prices, and I must have some memories in the back of my mind of going to Aldi in Germany when I was growing up, because I love the 'European' feel to the store. Maybe that's just in my head though.10. I am a HUGE fan of Bill Cosby (and the Cosby Show). I could watch the Cosby Show all day long!

11. Lately I can't get enough 'Deathcab for Cutie' They're my new favorite band.12. I often crave music form Carly Simon, James Taylor, Simon and Garfunkel, The Beatles, other Oldies, but don't have enough of their music in my collection to get my fill.13. Even though I HATE being crowded while I'm sleeping, I love cuddling up to my sleeping children. I don't like it when they get in our bed when I'm trying to sleep, but if I'm not trying to sleep, I LOVE to cuddle up with them.

Okay, that's enough for tonight. I'm off to bed. I've got weight watchers awfully early in the morning (8:00 am!).

2 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

Yeah for jakey...I still think of that word...maybe i should bring it back over in my neck of the woods...
I too love Aldi, and i wish we had one here. We have Food City, but I'm sort of scared to go there...

Rachael said...

okay, you may be the only person I know who is as obsessed with chapstick things as I am!! Seriously, I cannot stand to be without Carmex for more than ten minutes. Literally. I have so many different things of chapstick everywhere because I am ALWAYS losing them, and the kids nicknamed the biggest one (that I sleep with so I can't lose it) "Mr. Chappie." Also, to get your music fix, have you tried Pandora.com? Totally free. Love that site.