Monday, November 9, 2009

We'll just see...

I have one less child this week. We spent a week in Nauvoo, came home on Sunday, left on Monday to spend a week at my mom and dad's while they went off to Texas. The kids and I spent the week there watching my little sister Hannah (and let's be honest, watching my not-so-little little brother and his girlfriend). It was a pretty good week (besides Hannah getting the stomach bug that seems to be following us everywhere we go!!). Steven stayed home because of work, but Friday evening there was a knock at the door and it was my oh-so-handsome husband!! He missed us so he surprised us and come down to see us. Mom and Dad came home Friday night, so we left Saturday evening. Landon was quite sad at the idea of leaving his Nana and Grampy when they just barely got there. So mom offered to let him stay there for the week. He thought about it for a while, then decided he'd really like to stay.It is kind of fun to have a break from the routine and change things up a bit and only have two kids at home, but boy oh boy do I miss Landon. It's only been 1 full day and it's just kind of odd to not have him around. It's funny how after just a couple hours I was missing him like crazy. But to find the positive in missing my little guy, I'm going to make this a productive week!! (i hope)My plan this week is to be really productive. Run any and all errands I've been putting off. Clean, clean, clean! Organize, organize, organize!! Finish all the projects I've been meaning to complete (like the family home evening board, two quilts, clean-up and pain the kids kitchen set, and finish reupholstering my chair). And I'd really like to get a start of Christmas shopping (at least figure out what I'm getting everyone!). oh yeah, i'd also like to get a nap everyday this week...Why is it that because I've gone from three kids to two kids, that I now feel like a world of possibilities has been opened to me? Will I actually be as productive as I think I'll be? Will things really be any easier with two kids? Will I find the energy and determination to be able to FINALLY get Grant to sleep through the night (you know, he'll be 1 year old next month, I don't think I'm asking too much for a full nights sleep!!) I guess only time will tell.

2 comments:

Zarsky Family said...

Good luck this week! Having one less kid is helpful...it doesn't matter which kid it is either! Try not to miss Landon too much, he is having a great time :)

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous!! Have I mentioned how much I love your parents?? Probably only a 1000 times! I think it is great that they love to take him for a week. And what a sweet hubby to come down and surprise you! You are so blessed!! I hope you get a lot done while you only have two. Enjoy! :)