Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Change of Plans...

We were going to take a family trip to Nauvoo this weekend. However, my sweet Granny passed aways yesterday, so our plans have now changed from Nauvoo, to Ohio. We'll be heading down to Louisville tonight, then on to Ohio tomorrow for the funeral. I'm kind of nervous about the funeral. So far I feel very sad, but not overwhelmed with grief. I'm sure, being there, with everyone, it will all seem a lot more real. My Granny was very special to our family, and to me. I have SO many memories of her. I remember her buying Lucky Charms for me when we'd come visit. I remember people watching with her. Looking through a MILLION 'Taste of Home' magazines looking for their hidden toothpick, practically every Christmas growing up was at Granny's, shopping trips to Columbus, working puzzles together, having her at my delivery with Landon, and so many more things. She will be greatly missed in our family, but I am SO thankful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. To know that we will be with her again. To know that her faith and all the good works she did in her life were for an eternal purpose, not just for this time on earth. I'm grateful for Temple's and the work that allows us to help those on the other side, and keep us together forever as a family. Overall, I'm just grateful to have had such a strong wonderful woman as my Granny. Well, I suppose I better get packing and cleaning since we're leaving in a couple hours.

4 comments:

tacy said...

I'm sorry Sarah. I met your Granny a few times and I know she was great!

Searls Stuff said...

Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family at this time.

Alayna said...

I'm sorry Sarah. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Leah said...

Losing a loved one (especially cool grandmas!) can be tough but the Plan of Salvation is pretty darn amazing!! We'll be thinking of you all!