Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We will see...

Our computer should be here today. I had it shipped to our friends house in Nauvoo (since we'll be here for a week). I dreamt all night last night that we got it and it didn't work and I spent HOURS on the phone demanding a refund, but the people on the phone couldn't understand me and wouldn't transfer me to their supervisors. I woke up very frustrated. Then I tracked the computer and saw that it left Champaign IL this morning at 3:00, so it should be here today. We shall see.

We've been having a great time in Nauvoo. I've been able to visit with my best friend Katy and hear about her wedding plans. It's funny how when I was engaged I had NO desire to plan the wedding. I didn't care about anything and just wanted the whole thing to be over with. I'm LOVING hearing about Katy's plans though. I can't help but be so dang excited for her! I keep thinking 'Why didn't I enjoy this more when I was doing all this?' I guess it's just different when it's not your wedding you have to make decisions on.

I've also loved every minute of talking with Jennifer. We adore the Smiths and are so grateful they let us stay with them and treat us like family. They consider my kids their grandkids, and the kids love being here!! It's funny how when I'm at home, I go crazy just being in my house day after day. But here, I could not leave the house all week and wouldn't even realize it, because I have great people to talk with and spend time with. Jennifer is so great at letting the kids help with anything. Addie has really loved helping her cook. Jennifer had Addie peel cucumbers and zucchini and squash and carrots. I really didn't think Addie would be able to do it, but she did such a great job!! Her quality of work dropped drastically though when Jennifer had her help break up the romaine lettuce. But, nonetheless, she's been quite the helper.(I have pictures of Addie helping but they're on the Smith's camera, because mine was in the car. I'll try to upload them a bit later!)

We also were able to see the Nauvoo Pageant. Steven and I put the kids to bed and went just the two of us. It was nice. My legs were really restless (thanks to being pregnant) so I had to stand up for a bit, but it was a good show. Earlier in the day, we were in town and heard the Pipe Band coming down the street. They played in front of a couple shops in town and Steven asked if they knew a certain song. They couldn't think of how it went, so Steven got out his bagpipe music (which was in his bagpipe case, which was conveniently in the van) and they were all impressed that Steven had bagpipes so they tuned up his pipes and had him play with them. It was pretty cool! Landon even got to beat the drum!!Addie opted to stay home so she didn't get to play the drums. Joe was staying home to work on some things, and when Addie found out that just 'Joey' was going to be home, she wanted to stay with him. She even double checked that it would be just her and Joe. I'm not sure when they did while we were gone, but she enjoyed herself!!

Overall, we're loving our little vacation and are excited we still have a couple days to go!!

3 comments:

Searls Stuff said...

It is so nice to read a post where you sound relaxed and joyful. I think you needed this little vacation! I sure hope your lifeline (computer) arrives today and is in tip-top shape.

Zarsky Family said...

I was so happy to see a post from you! I was thinking yesterday that I should write you a letter and mail it, but I didn't have any stamps. I am crossing my fingers that your computer runs like a dream!!!

Kathy said...

I miss the Smith's too.