Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 2nd

12:00 (midnight)- FINALLY start to fall asleep with the help of Tylenol PM, only to have Addie climb into bed with us. (I have faith that one day, my 4 year old will start to sleep in her own bed. I have to have faith that this will happen, or I might go insane!)2:00- Grant starts calling for me and Steven. After about 10 minutes, I finally get him and bring him into our bed.2:30- Landon makes his way into our room. Tells me it's too dark in his room, and kindly makes a bed for himself on the floor, and goes back to sleep.3:00- Addie needs a drink. I hand her the water from my night stand, she then passes it to Grant, who decides he needs a drink as well. He then spills over half of it on my leg and on my side of the bed.3:05- I hobble to the bathroom, grab a towel, lay it over my wet bed and grumble a ton while doing so.
3:10- Try to get back to sleep, but don't have much luck thanks to achy hips and restless legs and wet bed.
3:30- Finally fall back to sleep.(Grant's new trick is standing on his head. He thinks he's hot stuff!)
7:00- The alarm alerts us it's time to wake up. LUCKILY, Steven didn't have to go into work until 1:00, so he got up and I slept until 8:00.
8:20- Steven walks Landon to the bus, I jump in the shower.
9:15- Go to my Dr. Appointment. It takes about 4 minutes to find the babies heartbeat, and I start to get super nervous. He always finds the heartbeat right away. Find out that not only am I not dilated at all, but the baby has flipped and is now laying with her head by my left ribs, and her bum by my right hip and her legs going across the bottom. He tells me it shouldn't be a big deal, that they should be able to get her to flip into the right position next Friday when they induce me. He wants to do an ultrasound to double check things. After the ultrasound he didn't seem as optimistic about flipping her, because of where the placenta is, there's a good chance of tearing or ripping the placenta. As long as my water doesn't break on it's own though before she gets in the right position though, he didn't seem to think it would be a very big deal. (here's to hoping she flips by next week, or they might change my inducement date to give her more time to flip on her own).(I got out of the shower the other day and Landon informed me that he changed Grant's diaper for me. He did a great job, and I was even more impressed when I found that he had put it on backwards)
11:15- Steven, Addie and Grant and I head out to vote and then pick up Landon. The line to vote is too long, so we don't get to vote, and go pick up Landon.
12:00- Get the kids lunch. Steven leaves for work.
12:30- Head to vote (with the three kids) and to the post office (with the three kids) neither of which is a fun errand with children. 1:15- Are home for blessed quite time. Grant naps, Landon and Addie play with the toys Landon got at school today, and I 'try' to nap. Between the heartburn and hip and leg pain, napping doesn't come too easily.
2:45- Grant wakes up, and I start looking over my 'to do' list. I feel so overwhelmed and unmotivated that I decide to blog instead. Maybe tomorrow I'll post my updated 'to do' list. I feel more pressure to get the stuff on the list done when I let everyone know what's on my list.

5 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

I feel like I need to take a Tylenol or Aleve just from reading this post! Are you so excited to have the baby on Friday!!?? I hope everything goes well...
If I lived closer your kids could have a 'sleepover at Aunt Katy's house' so you could get some sleep!

Searls Stuff said...

You are making me worry. Where exactly do your hips hurt and what type of pain is it? I don't know if you knew it or not, but the type of hip problem Grandma and I have is hereditary. I was told by my surgeon to have both of my girls get theirs check regularly. I hope yours is just due to your body getting ready to deliver that sweet baby girl! What name have you chosen???

Amanda said...

You are so funny.

Lace and Joe said...

Oh man. I am tired after reading this.

Sophie Caroline said...

I do not like the part about the baby needing to flip and inducement dates being moved!!!!

I will call you today. I need to buy more hats from you before you sell them all.

Jennifer