Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Adjusting...


We're home and adjusting to having baby Ella home with us. She's a great baby! The kids are doing great. Mom has been a HUGE help, and Steven has been wonderful at making sure I'm getting some rest at night. Our first night home, Grant decided to spend a good part of the night throwing up. That's a great way to welcome home a new baby. Steven took care of him, and I just focused on feeding Ella every 2 hours. Grant did fine the next night, but then last night he threw up once. Ella, on the other slept great. She only woke up every 3-4 hours. If it wasn't for my other three kids, I would have really been able to enjoy a good nights sleep. HOWEVER, between Addie's leg and foot hurting (so I had to rub it for about 20 minutes, and then I couldn't get her out of my bed), and with Grant throwing up (only once thank goodness) and needing a bath at 4:30 in the morning, AND with Landon waking up and needing cereal at 5:00 then getting in our bed, I wasn't able to enjoy the sleep as much as I would have liked. At 5:30 this morning, our bed looked like this: See that little corner of bed at the bottom left, next to the throw up bucket? Yep, that spot was for me. How very kind of them, don't you think? This is how sweet little Ella looked:PLENTY of room in that play pen! Too bad I'm too big to lay with her in there! So, I finally just got up and browsed for things on the Internet for a while (with every baby, Steven gets me a baby gift after I have the baby (isn't he amazing?) He's been asking me and asking me what I want for my baby gift, so I spent this morning, searching for some ideas. My cousin mentioned a Silhouette Cutting Machine on her blog (kind of like a Cricut) that sounds pretty amazing, so I might ask for one of those! We'll see).

Sadly, my mom had to go home today (and let me tell you, that is SAD!) Steven's working this evening, so I'm on my own until about 10:00 tonight. Luckily, the kids have done great today, but, then again, this is what we've done all day:I was able to rest some (which was much needed after the night we had last night). Now we're about to have some dinner and then comes blessed bed time!

Steven has tomorrow and Friday off, and my brother Brad and his wife Jessica are coming to visit this weekend. Hopefully we'll all be healthy and happy by then.

Here's a bit of picture CATCH UP:
The hospital does a celebratory meal for the siblings of the new baby. The kids thought that was pretty cool!Here's some pictures of Grampy, Nana and Hannie with new baby Ella.The kids and Dad (not the best picture, but it's the only one I have with them all in it):Grant LOVED looking out the window at all the cars going by on the freeway:Ella found her thumb before we even made it over to the recovery room!She also LOVED having her hair washed. She hasn't loved it quite so much since we've been home.Me and Baby Ella right after she was born:That's enough pictures for now. I'm off to try to ward off a HUGE mess my kids are starting to make (which includes using all the blankets, pillows, and baskets in the whole upstairs being piled at the end of my bed). Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Searls Stuff said...

I love the idea of the siblings meal. That is so thoughtful of the hospital! Maybe the next time all of your family decides to camp out in your bed, you should go crawl into one of theirs! I hope you all get into a smooth routine soon.

Lace and Joe said...

I just want to say thanks to you Sarah. Thank you for posting all of the pictures of your life. It might just be an outlet for you but for me it makes the distance feel well...not so distant. Really it means a lot to me!

Kathy N said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy N said...

Ella is beautiful..and I LOVE the name! Maybe I will get to see her when you come for Thanksgiving?!

Kathy said...

Dear Sarah could you please post more pictures of my newest granddaughter since I won't see her until Christmas? Love, Mom

Melanie said...

Congratulations, Sarah! Your new baby girl is just beautiful- and you look fantastic! Congrats to all of you!