~Yesterday as I was cleaning up the mess from lunch (and it was quite the mess since Grant dropped his plate and all the food went all over the floor) Landon said to me 'I'm glad I'm a boy and don't have to be a mom and do all of mom's work.' I then asked him and Addie if they would rather do a mom's job or a dad's job. Landon quickly replied that he'd like to do a dad's job, NOT a mom's. Addie thought and said she'd rather have a mom's job, but didn't really want to be a mom. I asked her why and she said 'Because then I won't have anymore birthday's.' Landon assured her that she would still have a birthday, after all, it was our friend Tim's birthday that very day and he was older than me, so she'd have a birthday for the rest of her life, or at least until she turned 100. Good thing I have him around to explain things!
~Even though my to-do list keeps getting bigger, I keep getting farther and farther behind. I spent a good part of today getting my hats ready to sell at the craft fair tomorrow. Now that they're all tagged, I am really hoping to never see them again after tomorrow (meaning I really hope to sell them all, to make my time and effort worth it)!
~Steven came home with a surprise tonight. He bought a living room set off of a guy at work. It's a couch, love seat, and chair (which is as big as the love seat). We don't really have room for it in our living room, but tomorrow we'll do some rearranging and see what we can come up with. I told Steven that he REALLY needs to stop making purchases without talking to me first. The set isn't amazing, but it's decent, and better than what we had I suppose. It will just take me some time to get used to it.
~ Because Steven came home with three big pieces of furniture, he had to borrow the company truck. We then had to return the truck, and so we thought we'd all go on a little road trip to do it. On the way we were playing the car game "I'm going on a trip, and I'm bringing with me...." and then you give a hint and everyone has to guess what it is that you're bringing. Well, Steven said 'I'm going on a trip and I'm bringing with me something that smells good' and almost before he even finished his sentence Addie yells out "BACON!" That girl LOVES her meat (especially bacon and steak)!
~ While Steven was returning the truck keys, I was getting the kids buckled in the back of his car (it's quite the tight squeeze). Landon let a little gas out, and it was SO terribly stinky! Like, really terrible! Well, because I have a weak stomach, I started gagging. And gagging. And gagging. I couldn't stop. I finally had to open my door and stick my head out, all while still gagging. Then, of course, I started throwing up. All because of a 6 year olds toot! Really, it was terrible. But all the while, Grant is telling me 'BUCKLE' (to put my seat buckle on) and Landon, as soon as he hears me start gagging, puts his fingers in his hears and starts very loudly saying 'LA LA LA LA LA' (because he, too, has a weak stomach and tends to gag if he sees or hears anyone else gag or throw up) and then there was Addie who kept asking what I was doing and why I was doing it. It was quite the scene, I assure you!
4 comments:
Addie the little Bacon lover didn't even notice the stinky toot smell? Silly girl
At times, your life reminds me of old movies with Doris Day. Happy, hectic, and sweetly human. Thanks for the chuckles.
bahaha...that's hilarious! do you get that sensitive to smells when you aren't pregnant?
I love your life stories. Keep em coming.
Post a Comment