1- We started swim lessons this week. Landon LOVES it!! Every day after lessons he says to me 'Mom, I REALLY do love swim lessons SO MUCH! Even more than gymnastics!!' This past week we actually had a few chilly days. He and Addie both got out of the water with purple lips and goosebumps, but with huge smiles on their faces!! Best $32 I'll probably spend all summer! I've enjoyed it as well. I've been lucky enough to meet up with a friend from church who happened to have swim lessons at the same time. Such a happy coincidence for me! Grant isn't too thrilled to have to sit and watch, but he's been quite the trooper. I just tell him that sometime we'll come back with Dad and then he can swim. That appeases him because ANYTHING is better with Dad!


2- And this made my week!

We've been doing school work in the mornings and I wrote a little note in Landon's notebook/journal. He wrote me this note back. Seriously, it made my day!! Just in case you need help it says "Dear Mom I love you I think you are the best mom ever love Landon (but he wrote his name upside down, because it was a secret note, and he had to disguise his name so others wouldn't know!).
3-Last night I was putting Grant to bed and he kept asking me what time it was. That was cracking me up because he has no knowledge of time. But when I told him it was about 8:30 he would say, in a very dejected voice, "Awww..." like he was very disappointed with my answer. Then I'd ask him what time he wanted it to be and he said 'Firdy-six' (thirty six). So then he'd ask me again, and I'd tell him the time was thirty-six and he give me his sad pathetic 'awwww...' again, and then tell me he wanted 'six firdy'. This just kept going on and on, but it cracked me up!
4- One day this past week, I looked out the window and saw this. What it's all about, I don't have a clue. All I can say is that kids are weird, and mine are no exception!

5- I've been REALLY wanting to quilt lately. Yesterday Steven was in Chicago all day for a sealing for a family in our ward. I couldn't go because of Ella, so he took the van up, so I was housebound all day. I thought that I couldn't have a better reason to start a quilt for Ella. Well, I got out all my fabric I have (which isn't much) and decided on a pattern. Then I realized I didn't have enough of the fabrics I like, so now I've got the major itch, but have to wait until I decide on fabrics!! I also want to make new bags for my laundry hamper, I'm just not sure where to start with that one!
6-We've been bribing Addie to stay out of our bed. I told her that if she slept all night in her bed for a week then we'd go to the dollar store and the kids could all pick something out. OH MY GOODNESS! In the dollar store with my kids trying to make a decision is torture! Now I kind of understand why my indecisiveness kind of bugs Steven!
7- And these are just too cute to not put on my blog!


8- I've been listening to some books on my ipod lately, and I've actually liked it more than I thought I would! Usually, I don't like listening to books during the day because every time my kids interrupt me I get kind of annoyed! If I'm reading and they need to talk to me, it's fine, I can stop where I'm at. If they talk to me while I'm listening, the book keeps going and I miss stuff. But lately it's made all the crappy jobs (like cleaning the bathroom, folding laundry, cleaning the kids room, cleaning the office, basically-all house work!) a lot more enjoyable! I love knowing I'll have something to keep me occupied while I'm doing those unpleasant jobs!
2 comments:
Once again, you blog is filled with pictures of beautiful kids!
Sarah you always have such fun posts! I sure enjoy them. Also, I may have some fabric for you... That is if you'd like to come aver and look through it. Just let me know.
Post a Comment