Hannie and Grant at Schimpff's picking out our candy.
Right before we left to go there, I was looking for Ella's coat, and couldn't find it. Then I realized (or thought I realized) that I left a LOT of our Christmas stuff at home. A Santa gift, stocking stuff, and all of Ella's gifts. Steven offered to run home to get it all, which would have meant 6 hours in the car on Christmas eve, but I didn't really want him to be gone all day. So I just ran out and rebought most of the stuff with the intention of returning the stuff at home when we got home. Later, when getting things ready for Christmas morning, I found all the stuff I thought I left at home. I was pretty embarrassed that my brain is that removed, and also very thankful I didn't send Steven home for all the stuff!! So, after Christmas I had to return all the duplicates. It made Christmas much more stressful than it needed to be!ANYWAY, that night we did the nativity with the kids. Mom and Dad have these cute hand puppets that the kids love using. They acted out the parts while we read it from the Scriptures.
After we were done with the navitiy story, the kids opened their Christmas pajamas. Usually my mom buys the kids pajamas. This year, Amanda and I wanted to take over and make them all. Amanda made the boy's these adorable pajama pants and got their shirts.
And I made the girls these night gowns. Addie's was a bit too long and Ella's was a bit too short. Oh well. I thought they turn out so cute and they loved them.
Sadly, this picture below is the best we got of them in the pajamas!
Then we quickly tucked the kids in bed (or, on the floor, because they all wanted to have a movie night in the basement and sleep down there) and moved on to the adult portion of Christmas Eve.
FANCY DINNER!! The two rule at fancy dinner are 1- no kids and 2- no need to dress fancy. We like to wear our stretchy waistband pajamas so we have room for all that yummy food! This year we hada creamy cheese fonduta as our appitizer, then a delecious salad with strawberries and a super yummy home made poppyseed dressing, prime rib with the BEST baked potatoes I've ever had (how can a baked potato be better than another you ask? Well, I'm not sure, but Amanda worked some sort of magic on those potatoes because their skin was to DIE for!!) and sweet cooked carrots. Then we played the Christmas bells (another fancy dinner tradition) and let our food digest for a minute. Then we enjoyed a wonderfully delicious raspberry cheesecake that Tim made.
After that, we got to work on the normal getting ready for Christmas set up. Stay tuned for Christmas day!
No comments:
Post a Comment