Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Confession Time

Okay, I'm coming clean. I hope I'm not the only one, but there is a deep dark hidden secret in my life that I would be MORTIFIED for someone to uncover. However I feel it necessary to share that hidden secret.
My embarrassing secret is: my office! I hate house work! I put it off whenever possible. The picture above is proof of that. That is my "office". It is the catch all in our house. If we're rushing, it gets dumped in the office. If the kids make a mess in there, it gets ignored. If something doesn't have a place, it goes in the office. I've tried, in the past, to get some sort of organization in that room. But, nothing stuck. The sad part is that as much as I hate house work, I equally LOVE spending my time in a clean and organized space. So, I always have this inner battle. Anyway, please don't judge me. The only reason I am sharing such a embarrassing fact about myself is so I can brag and show you the picture I took this afternoon:
Steven built shelves on Saturday and I spent a good part of Monday and most of today trying to get things arranged. I didn't take a picture of the rest of the room, but HOLY COW! It's like night and day (if only that treadmill in the corner of the room weren't so huge and such an eye sore!). See how much space is left on the shelves? Well, I fit all the junk from the closet (in the first picture) and ALL the 'office' stuff that was on top of my kids dresser, a tub of stuff that was being stored in Ella's room, stuff from our hall closet (medicines and stuff) and stuff that was being stored in our laundry room, and I STILL have space to spare! One thing about my house that I hate, is that we don't have hardly ANY storage. So, things get put where they fit. My kids clothes are in the office so the kids have more room for playing, for example. Anyway, needless to say, I'm THRILLED and can't wait until we build shelves in the kids closet (but we'll leave a little space in theirs for hanging some clothes)! Phew! I feel better now that I've come clean (and my house is clean!)!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I love it!!!!!!!!!! You are amazing (and Steven also).

HoffmanFamily2 said...

You're so brave!! I'm proud of you! It looks AWESOME!!! Want to come and organize my house space!? It really does look amazing, I love having that "accomplished" look!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That looks awesome!!! ~Tally

Brandon and Aubrey said...

That is AMAZING!!! You're not the only one with any messy secret that just needs to be forgotten about. One major problem is that I have more than just one! As for the inner battle, you are singing my song. I am constantly organizing and reorganizing and trying how to best figure out where all the junk should go, but man, am I tired of it. So I inevitably let it go for a week and then I have to spend the next two weeks digging myself out, but do I learn my lesson? Oh no....the cycle continues week after week!
On a separate note, I really miss you guys! I love reading your blog.