They have a board where they put all the NEW patients names for the day. Addie was on there. They thought that was pretty cool!
Here's Landon laying on his chair, waiting for the dentist to come check his teeth. What a cute kid.
Addie, being the sassy girl that she is, wasn't quite so cooperative. As you can see, the hygienist is trying to polish her teeth, she on the other hand, is pretending the hygienist isn't even there! They ended up not cleaning her teeth, just having the dentist check for cavities and her bite.
CAVITY FREE!
CAVITY FREE!!On another note, when I had Grant, my mom's friend made Grant about 8 or more of these square blanky things. They're about 8 or 10 inch squares with a soft fleece on one side and satin on the other and some ribbons coming out of each side. When I got them I really wanted Grant to become attached to them. Not only are they super cute, but there's enough of them that I can rotate them out while they're getting washed, and if he's attached to them until he's 5, it won't mess up his teeth like sucking a binky or thumb would. Anyway, I wasn't sure how to make him become attached to them. So, I just would lay them on his chest or lay him on them at night. There's no doubt that he's a thumb sucker. There's really no way for me to break that. But lately, when he's fussy, he won't calm himself down or suck his thumb right away. But if I give him his 'lovey' (as we've been calling them) he'll calm down and suck his thumb and usually go right to sleep. I think it's pretty cute. Him sucking his thumb kind of defeats the purpose of me wanting him attached to the lovey, but it's still cute nonetheless.
And just because they're incredibly cute, here's a picture of my two cute boys.
4 comments:
I love it! Ash used to do the same thing. We would give her her "woobie" and then she would immediately start sucking her thumb and go to sleep. It was heaven. I carried woobie everywhere! I think they are wonderful!
Your kids are so cute!
i was just thinking of the word 'woobie' today...funny it was mentioned here...
and your kids are ADORABLE...
and once again I am pumped about this weeked!
cute cute cute! I wish I would have implemented the Lovey or Woobie to my child. He had a hard time self-soothing. I will try that on our next one. Maybe you can make me some cute ones. I have a sewing machine that i haven't touched since I got it...
Post a Comment