Sunday, March 1, 2009

Only me...

We had a good weekend. Mom and Dad came up Friday night for Porter's birthday party which was on Saturday. We had a fun time with them.

This picture is from the beginning of January, I can't get over how much he's grown since then!!

I just realized that I never posted anything about Grant's blessing. We blessed him the first Sunday in February. We were very blessed to have my dad, brother Brad, Steven and our dear friend Joe Smith in here for the blessing. We were happy to have the Smiths come from Nauvoo for this and my parents up from Louisville. Steven gave him a beautiful blessing. Some of the things that were said in his blessings are:

  • He was blessed to know the love of the Lord
  • Blessed to come forth at this time into a home that embraces the gospel.
  • Privileged because you were born into this home.
  • Take advantage of the blessings of being born into your family.
  • You are blessed with health and strength and as you grow you are blessed to have a testimony of the Savior, Jesus Christ.
  • Blessed with the desire to take advantage of the gospel.
  • Blessed to with the desire to serve God and gain a testimony.
  • Told to obey is parents.
  • He would serve a mission and be a good example to his siblings and peers.
I'm sure there was more, but I couldn't write fast enough to get it all, plus I had Addie wallowing me during the whole thing. Anyway, I feel better now that I have that recorded for our posterity.
Now, onto less important things. Do you ever wonder if certain things happen to everyone, or just you? I think this quite a bit! For instance, today we got to church about 10 minutes early (which is quite the feat since Steven is at Church early for meetings, so I have to get myself and three kids ready and there before 9:00). I sat the kids down then asked if either of them had to 'go potty'. Addie said that she did, so I told her to come with me and I'd take her. I was distracted getting Grant settled on the bench as she was making her way out of our pew aisle. I took her by the hand and noticed she was walking slow. When I looked down at her, she had her tights and her undies down around her ankles and was trying to walk out of the chapel like that! I quickly pulled her undies and tights up and explained to her that we don't pull them down until we are IN the bathroom! A couple people near by got a good chuckle at that little scene! Honestly, does this stuff happen to other people, or just me?

3 comments:

Lynners said...

Ha! This is a memory you will treasure someday. (And it may make good blackmail ammo someday!) Thanks for a good laugh!

Little Grant is one beautiful baby! I love all the pics of you guys in the right column. Your kids really are lucky to be yours!

tacy said...

HA!! I can't tell you if it happens to everyone, but it gave me a good laugh!

Lace and Joe said...

HE HE HE!!!! Your story has me laughing for a good 10 mins now. I love it.