Monday, May 24, 2010

Getting back...

For the first time in about 14 or so weeks, I woke up this morning feeling like I wanted to be productive. Maybe it's the nicer (bordering on hot) weather. It seems like every time the seasons change I feel a renewed sense of wanting to get things done. Whatever it is, I'm hoping to take advantage of it. I thought I'd go ahead and get caught up on my blog, then I'll be cleaning, heading to Sam's Club, and maybe the mall. All before nap time hopefully (and let me tell you, compared to how I've been lately, that is dang productive!)

While we were at my parents for a week we all took the kids to 'Holiday World'. It's in Santa Claus, Indiana. It's a theme park that has these different 'village's'. One is Christmas, one is Halloween, one is Thanksgiving, and one is Fourth of July. It was so perfect! There was TONS for the kids to do. They had a BLAST! It was a bit chilly for a good part of the day but at the end of the day the sun came out and it was beautiful (luckily, because that's when about half the kids decided to get into the water and get soaked!)This ride was a huge hit. It was one of their favorites. It would shoot them up, then they'd drop down, and bounce back up. They all loved it!!Don't we all wish we looked this cute with a potbelly!!Are you sick of pictures yet? Too bad, I'm not done catching up! Steven and I also went with the adults to see "WICKED". It was SO amazing! I loved it!! I really want to watch the "Wizard of Oz" now.The kids swam in mom and dad's pool a couple times, but it was still pretty cold. Grant was a bit mad that he only got to put his feet in!Okay, I think that's enough for now. It was a great week and we loved being with everyone (the kids especially loved being with their cousins!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you've had a great week!! Grant is getting so big! All the kids look so grown up to me! Miss you tons!

Jims Porter said...

Remember when I was trying to get Addie to swim on her own? The expression on her face will forever be stored in the "comedy file" of my brain.

Katy Wilson said...

I am going to go see Wicked this July in St. Louis!!!! I am so so so excited...I've seen it before...but my mom says it's even better the second time and you notice things you didn't notice the first time. Anyway, I'm pumped. And...WE NEED TO TALK!!!!!!

Searls Stuff said...

I love the picture in the tube! He is a cute toddler. Looks like a great place to take the kids.