Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Is this the little girl I carried?

My sweet Addie May is 4 years old today. I can not believe it! Honestly, how does this happen. How do they grow so big and I don't even notice? I mean, these are drastic changes over the past 4 years. How in the world could I not have noticed?She is a HUGE Daddy's girl. She likes me if Steven's not around, but if he's here she wants him!Addie has always been, and still is, obsessed with arms. She LOVES to rub people's arms, especially if she's tired or shy or hurt. Since she was a newborn she's loved arms!!I can not imagine our life without Addie. From day one she has been such a sweet girl! She gets along well with everyone.
It's amazing to me how girly she is, considering she's pretty tough too. If you pick her up to hold her on your hip, she keeps her knees together and just kind of perches on your arm.She is such a sass-o-frass! She is pretty opinionated and has no problem telling you what she thinks!She is SO great at playing with Grant. She loves to take care of him and is an excellent friend to him and Landon.She is so mellow at times. Very easy going and laid back.Addie has SUCH a sweet spirit. She accepts what you tell her without questioning (most of the time) and has always been fairly obedient (until recently. But she's been doing MUCH better over the past week, since we cracked down when we caught her coaching Grant on not obeying!)I am SO thankful that she is MY little girl! Being a mom is the highlight of my life. It's what I was meant to do. Addie brings joy to my life every single day. The last four years have been great and we're looking forward to MANY MANY more!!

3 comments:

tacy said...

she is so cute! I can't believe how grown up she looks!

Searls Stuff said...

Happy birthday Addie!

Kathy said...

I hope she got my message I left yesterday.