Thursday, May 6, 2010

Look what followed Steven home...

Steven came home from work today with this.Remember how our TV broke a couple weeks ago? Well, we now have a brand new 37" flat screen TV and the best part is that it was free!! Steven's work is ALWAYS doing contests. Steven, being the amazing stud that he is, almost always wins the contests. Well, their most recent contest he won, and the prize was this TV. For now the TV is on our piano. We're thinking we're probably going to mount it on the wall eventually. I think Landon was most excited about it. When our old TV broke, Landon said a couple prayers asking that Heavenly Father would fix our TV. Well, once we threw the TV out, I explained that sometimes Heavenly Father tells us no when we ask because sometimes there's something better for us than having what we wanted. I'm not saying that having this TV is better than having our old TV (although it looks a lot nicer) and since we have no channels, it will just be used to watch movies and stuff, so it's not a necessity, but I was able to try to explain to Landon how even though at the time it seemed like Heavenly Father didn't answer his prayer, he actually just had something better in store. It's those small teaching moments that make me realize and appreciate the fact that staying home with my kids is SO very important!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, congratulations! I'm so glad for you I didn't even real the whole post, I just came straight here to comment and say "That's some boob tube!"

Amanda said...

Okay, so I was kind of hoping it was a dog, but a huge TV is cool too.

Zarsky Family said...

Landon is cute! What a nice surprise for all of you.

Katy Wilson said...

i'm so jealous...the only tv i have is a dinosaur and its HUGE...and not it a good way...it's bigger from the front to the back than it is from side to side...

Searls Stuff said...

What a hardworking provider you have! Congratulations!

Lake said...

What is it with those men and tvs? It is so cool that he won it!

Kurt and Courtney said...

Oh my gosh, it must be years since I've seen you! Your kids are so beautiful! (This is Courtney Darchuck, btw...) :)