Addie loved playing with all of Aunt Hannie's pretties. Hannie painted Addie's fingernails and toenails, which Addie LOVED, but she especially loved the head bands with flowers on them. She told me she wants one now. She said I could have the yellow one though, and she'd keep the pink one!
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Back to life...
Well, now that our Internet is up and running, I guess I have no excuse for not updating my blog! We were happy to spend a few days at my mom and dad's before Landon starts school this coming Tuesday (I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!). I did use Hannie's (HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNIE!!!) camera to take a few pictures of what we did while we were there. Pretty much we just swam two to three times a day. It was HEAVEN! It was SUPER hot so the pool water was 90 degrees, so it really didn't 'cool' you off too much, but it was so fun and much better than just sitting in the heat!





We normally swam for a short time in the morning with Grant, then we'd go swim again when he was down for his nap. It's really no fun swimming with him. He at least kept his floaties on this time. And actually kind of got the hang of them! Before, he was too top heavy to really use them right. He's just float with his face in the water, but he started to get the hang of it this time!
Addie loved playing with all of Aunt Hannie's pretties. Hannie painted Addie's fingernails and toenails, which Addie LOVED, but she especially loved the head bands with flowers on them. She told me she wants one now. She said I could have the yellow one though, and she'd keep the pink one!
Steven didn't get to stay with us for as long as we'd have liked, because he had to go back to work. He met us in Indianapolis yesterday to bring us home. We stopped by the zoo for a bit before we headed home. The kids really just wanted to see the monkeys and penguins and pet the sharks. Luckily, since we have a zoo pass, I didn't mind just hitting our favorites then heading home (it was kind of hot anyway!). My kids could spend HOURS looking at the baboons. Unfortunately for us, the main male baboon decided to get a bit freaky with a female baboon and it was loud and looked a bit violent, so we had to hurry them away before they were really traumatized! So we didn't get to spend as much time watching them as we would have liked. On our way out we let the kids play at the little splash pad they have there at the zoo. Since we'd just spent 4 or so days at my parents we had dry clothes for them in the car, so they just run through with their clothes on. They had a BLAST!!
Landon really loves these next two pictures of himself. He thinks they look like he has water power (especially the second one). He thinks it looks like the water is shooting out of his hands. He really is obsessed with super heroes and special powers!
At first Grant only liked to stand by the spouts that were temporally off. Until he lingered too long and it turned on and sprayed him. Then he liked them and would often try to drink out of them when they were 'off'.

Okay, that's enough for now. I'll hopefully get caught up on the fun stuff we did in Nauvoo tomorrow!!
Addie loved playing with all of Aunt Hannie's pretties. Hannie painted Addie's fingernails and toenails, which Addie LOVED, but she especially loved the head bands with flowers on them. She told me she wants one now. She said I could have the yellow one though, and she'd keep the pink one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Looks like so much fun! I love everything about playing in the water during the summertime! I am glad you got to spend some time with your parents. I can't beleive Landon will be starting school! WOW!!!
Welcome back to the blog! I miss your updates and looking at pictures of your babies.
I miss you guys already. Who will I swim with today? School is going to cramp our style :) Love you all!
I am sitting here in Arizona where it's 110 degrees and that water is making me SO JEALOUS!!! Even 90 degrees sounds cool!
Post a Comment