Number one being that I finished the denim quilt for Steven. When Steven was in high school, he was practically adopted by his second family, The Smiths. Cooper Smith was his best friend and from what I hear, Steven practically lived at their house. When Cooper went away to college, his mom, Jennifer, made him a denim quilt for his 'college quilt'. Steven was a bit sad when he didn't get a quilt too, but Jennifer didn't think to make him one, because he wasn't going to college, but working for the year to earn money for his mission. Anyway, with a LOT of Jennifer's help, I made one for him using the same pattern (even though he's since graduated from college). I think the pattern for it is super cute. And it was fairly easy to make. I made this one just about king size, so the hardest part was how heavy it was! I couldn't seem to get a decent picture, so this is the best I could do. But it really is quite cute in real life!!
The second project I completed was a scripture bag for me. I was really excited about this one, because it cost me about $3 to make. I just bought a place mat at Walmart for like $1.87, and then the spool of ribbon. I'm not the best bow maker in the world, so I'm a bit sad with how the bow turned out, but overall, I'm happy with it. I love that it's big enough for my scriptures AND my gospel principles manual!
3 comments:
I love Steven's quilt and your scripture bag Sarah! I may have to copy your (feeble? no way!) attempts. L-o-v-e them! Love them.
Good work on both projects! I love the ribbon on your tote bag.
Good job Sarah! I love the bag. I saw that somewhere and have been wanting to make one! THey seem super quick and easy which is how I like my crafts!!
Post a Comment