This is a big week for Landon. Not only did he start school today, but he turns 6 tomorrow!! How in the world did this happen? He was SO excited about starting school that he woke me up 3 times last night to make sure I didn't let him sleep in. This wouldn't have been too big of a deal, except that because I'm pregnant, and my legs are super restless and my hips are always hurting, it takes me about a hour to fall back asleep any time I wake up. The last time he finally asked me 'Do you think I should just sleep in your bed so I don't forget to wake up?' I assured him that I had my alarm set and I would wake him up, if by some miracle, he was still sleeping at 7:15! I really am shocked at how great he did. To think that less than a year ago he would cry (and not just cry, but throw HUGE fits) just going to his primary class every Sunday. He would throw a fit if I had to leave preschool to run a quick errand. Today, he got on the bus without the slightest hesitation and was so excited that last night he told me 'I changed my mind, I don't really want you to go to the first day of school with me' (a couple weeks back the school sent home a note saying there was a parent meeting for the first hour or so of school today. I explained to Landon that I got to go to school for a bit with him, even though the students were out of the room the whole time the parents were there). I handled the whole thing A LOT better than I thought I would. I think because he was so excited, I couldn't help but be excited too. I LOVED school when I was little and couldn't wait for him to enjoy it as much as I did!The last 6 years with Landon have been the most trying and rewarding years of my life. He hasn't always been the easiest child. He's always been VERY opinionated (PAINFULLY opinionated sometimes), stubborn and full of energy. I'm now being able to really enjoy these qualities about him since he's able to exercise more self control. He has also always been SUCH a sweet kid. He doesn't care at all what anyone thinks about him. He's kind and loving. He's such a great brother to his siblings, and a great helper to me!! He's so smart and amazes me every day. I can't even begin to put into words how thankful I am for him in my life. He's truly one of the BEST there is and I feel so privileged to have him entrusted into my care!
1 comment:
I can't believe how much it costs the average citizen to send their children to school where you live! Now that I have gotten that off my chest; Landon looks so sweet! Enjoy this precious time.
Post a Comment