Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Nauvoo
We had a great trip to Nauvoo at the beginning of this month. I've put off blogging about it long enough, so I thought I'd make it the first in my 'catch up' posts. Basically, there was just a lot of great food, wonderful company, and relaxing times! The kids LOVED helping cook (which Jennifer is very patient with!). Jennifer also helped me finish a denim quilt for Steven. I haven't taken a picture of it yet, and I would now, except he is asleep with it as we speak (or, umm...type). So, here's a view of our week there, through pictures!
Grant is kind of a snooty kid. He's very selective on who he'll admit to liking. Joe was pretty much the only person, besides Steven that Grant would let hold him for most of the week we were there. I was certainly the third choice, if Joe and Steven weren't available, then he'd put up with me. See, snooty!
Landon and Addie loved helping with the cooking. I was impressed with how well Addie did at peeling the carrots, zucchini, squash, potatoes, and pretty much anything else she could get her hands on!


Of course we had to take some pictures by the temple. Landon decided that he would be in charge of posing them for these pictures. Some turned out pretty darn cute, even if they are boarding on cheesy!



The Smith's have THE BEST dog ever! If I knew we could find a dog like Buddy, I'd get a dog in a heart beat! Buddy loves ice, and my kids loved feeding him the ice. I think we were playing a game when we noticed that Grant and Addie had produced quite a feast of ice for good old Buddy. Grant and Buddy were even seen sharing a piece or two. Grant would get impatient if Buddy took a break from eating and start yelling at him 'BUBBA BUBBA!' (which, I'm pretty sure is his way of saying Buddy).
Oh, and more Temple pictures.
I actually didn't take too many pictures, but we had a great time and look forward to our next visit!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
cute pictures of the kids by the temple. I miss you guys.
Post a Comment