Since my kids are on East Coast time and Nauvoo is on central time, Landon and Grant were awake at 6:30 (actually earlier than that, I just wouldn't get up and get them breakfast before that). I'm hoping I'll be able to get in a nap sometime today, but I'd rather be tired than miss out on something, so we'll see if I have enough discipline to actually nap. So, I thought while everyone else in the house was sleeping, I'd play a bit of catch-up on the blog.
I'm the Activities Committee Chairman for our ward and we planned a ward camp-out for 'Pioneer Day' (July 23-24th weekend). It was really the only time we could work a camp-out into the calander, but I'll admit, July isn't the best time to go camping in the midwest. Our committee had everything ready to go and my kids were SO excited. Well, the day of, it was TOO stinking hot! With the humidity it was supposed to be up to about 110 degrees. So, because there was a heat advisory out, we ended up canceling the camp-out. My kids were pretty sad! I was secretly a bit relieved because I wasn't really looking forward to sleeping on the ground while pregnant (seeing as how I already don't sleep very well in my bed) and especially if it was going to be miserably hot! When Steven came home from work he set up the tent in our living room. We don't have a tent, so we had borrowed one from my mom and dad for the camp-out. It was huge. We had to push our furniture to opposite walls and the tent took up the whole livingroom! But the kids had a BLAST sleeping and playing in there. I was going to make s'mores on the grill (or microwave) but forgot, but they weren't even missed much because the kids were having so much fun with the tent.
2 comments:
I remember when we were little my brother got a little indoor tent and we LOVED it and at the time it seemed SO BIG!! now i look back and it was probably 4 feet across...but it was good times!
I am glad you are excited to hear about my wedding plans...cause i am sure not excited making all the decisions. i am excited to get married and stuff...i am just so dang tired of making decisions!!!
I know you know me well enough to know I don't read blogs or am on the computer but I just miss you guys so much and I knew I would be able to see what's been going on! Izzy keeps asking for Landon and Addie! I will call soon
Melissa Hammer
Post a Comment