Wednesday, August 18, 2010
You never know who's watching you...
This morning as I was standing at the bus stop with Landon and a lady asked me when I'm due (can I just quickly tell everyone how much I love it when strangers ask me when I'm due? It means that I'm out of the frumpy is-she-pregnant-or-just-fat phase! HOORAY!!). She asked me if this was my second or third, and seemed a bit surprised when I told her it was my fourth. She then said 'Are you Sarah?' I was a bit surprised, because I'm pretty sure I've never seen this lady before in my life. I told her I was and she told me her name then said she was good friends with my neighbor. She and my neighbor both happen to be Hungarian. I told her that someone from my church had just asked me if I knew the Hungarian family in our neighborhood, but not the ones who live right by me. I was trying to remember who had asked me that and she said 'Oh, was it Chuck and Jennie, because they're the only people I know who go to your church'. I thought this was very interesting for two reasons. Chuck and Jennie I BARELY know, and I'm not sure Jennie would know who I was. I don't see them a ton at church. But I really thought it was interesting because I had never told her what church I belong to. It really made me think. Here's a lady I don't know from Eve yet she knew my name and that I'm LDS. (Are you following this story at all? Because I missed my nap today, and am feeling SUPER tired, even though it's not even 10:00 so I don't feel like I'm making much sense!) Anyway, I guess it just showed me, once again, that EVERYTHING I do should be done unto the Lord. I never know who will be watching and judge me, my family, members of our church, or whatever else, by the things I do. (and just in case anyone's wondering, it wasn't Chuck and Jennie who asked me about them, so she obviously knows other LDS people and doesn't realize it).
Okay, in other news, today was Landons' 6th birthday. We took in cupcakes for his brithday and he got to take in a book for his teacher to read, and a show and tell. He took in "Where the Sidewalk Ends" for his show and tell and was going to recite one of the poems from that book that he's memorized, but then got shy at the last minute and didn't want to say it with everyone watching. Addie was excited to see his classroom and Landon was so happy that today was Steven's day off, so he could go too.
When his class sang 'Happy Birthday' to him, he asked Mrs. Chastain if he could lead the song. She wasn't sure when he menat, but then caught on when he started waiving his hand in the air to 'direct the music'. He also requested that everyone sing the version of Happy Birthday that says 'You look like a Monkey, and you smell like one too'. Lovely. Overall, it was a pretty good day for our big Kindergartener!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can I just say that I love you having your computer up and working correctly, along with the internet. I love reading your blogs and seeing the pictures! Thanks for updating this so much. I feel like it keeps me in touch with my family who live oh so far away. Love you lots!
I agree with Lace and Joe!
Post a Comment