2. I was trying to get dinner made tonight when I heard a little voice say to me 'What's up DUDE?!' I turned around and this is what I saw:
3. We've had some sick kids around here lately. Grant was running a fever last night and woke up needing cereal (he's got a serious addiction to rice crispy's with honey on top). Steven made him some cereal, then after a bit came and got me to come look at Grant. He had fallen asleep while eating his cereal!
4. Speaking of sick kids, Addie has been feeling sick today too. Her 'forehead hurt' for most of the day. She seems to get a headache anytime she gets sick. I FINALLY convinced her to take some medicine around 6:00 this evening!! She took a good long nap in the middle of the living room floor and wasn't phased a bit by all the chaos going on around her.
5. Lately Grant's been calling me "Pookie". I'm not sure why, or where he even heard the word, since we honestly NEVER use that word. Our conversations lately go like this:
M- I love you Grant.
G- I love you Pookie!
M- Do you want an apple or banana?
G- I want apple Pookie!
M- Here you go Grant. Here's your drink.
G- Thank you Pookie.
Every single time he says it, it cracks me up. I can't help but chuckle.
6. Tonight I did something super annoying. I was making dinner, and as I started to make the Greek Chicken I was cooking, I forgot that the recipe makes A TON! I always have to half it. Well, I forgot to half it, which was annoying, but even more so when I realized that Steven was working late, Grant and Addie were sick, and so it would just be me and Landon eating. As a result I have an obscene amount of Greek Chicken in my fridge!! I'm pretty sure we'll never eat it all.
7.Landon took full advantage of Addie and Grant being sick today. He followed me around, every where I went, and talked non-stop. He's actually quite enjoyable to talk to (or listen to) when I don't have a million other kids fighting for attention (and when he's not fighting with the other kids). It's also quite enjoyable when he decides to change clothes after school, so every time I look at him I get to see this:
2 comments:
I don't know what exactly Greek chicken is, but maybe you could put most of it in the freezer, and have a ready-made meal to pull out some other time?
Pookie? Hilarious.
Your kids are so cute! I miss getting together with you!
Oh man, reading that Grant was calling you Pookie and seeing the little conversations with it honestly made me laugh so hard that I was crying! Thanks for sharing :)
Post a Comment