Monday, May 23, 2011

Surprises...

This past weekend we went to my parents house. The kids and I went down a day earlier than Steven, and Steven rode down with my brother James who was up here visiting. When I left to go to my mom's, my living room looked like this (more or less. Our curtains got pulled down a couple weeks ago, and made a hole in the dry wall, so I'm waiting (patiently) to have that fixed):And when I came home Sunday night, my living room looked like this:I wish the first picture showed how truly nasty our carpet was!! I'm SO glad to have it gone! We've been wanting to replace the floor for a while now, but it's hard to figure out the best way and time to do it when you've got four kids to try to keep out of the way. Steven took advantage of us being gone and got it taken care of. He was going to install the floors but didn't get it done before it was time to go to my mom's, so he paid our neighbor (who is a handy-man by profession (that sounds funny)). So when I got home I was surprised with a beautiful floor and not that nasty carpet!! Steven wasn't able to keep it a surprise the whole time, so I did know what I was coming home to, but the anticipation was just as fun as the surprise!! Now I need to paint the kitchen so I can get pictures of the new {old} cupboards up. Finally, after almost 7 years in this house, we're making some progress (that's not 100% true. The house was in pretty bad shape when we bought it, so we had to do quite a bit of work to get it 'livable', but it's time for some changes!)

5 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

I love surprises like this!!! How nice that must be to not have to vaccum anymore!!

Kathy N said...

It looks great! Just like I see on HGTV. What a wonderful surprise!

La Familia Gutierrez said...

that is so exciting!! Buying a fixer-upper can sure seem overwhelming, but it is so fun to put your mark on the house!!

Kathy said...

Love it!! And Steven is the best! You are so very lucky. It will be interesting to see what you think after a week or two. You know carpet is dirty but you can't see it all. You will be amazed at how much you sweep up every day. Love you!

Searls Stuff said...

You will love the floor and never go back to carpet. Yea for you!