Saturday, May 7, 2011

Not a complete thought in my whole head

1~ I'm giving myself a time-out. Not because I'm being naughty (because to be honest, I'm very impressed with the patience I've shown this morning while Steven was at work-ON A SATURDAY!) But because I'm sick of laundry, and dishes, and crumbs, and diapers. So, I'm giving myself a 30 minute time-out. One minute for every year, that's the rule for time-outs, right?

2~ I went to Landon's Mother's Day program at school yesterday. It was pretty cute. I came home with a necklace and a hat (made out of a paper plate). Oh yeah, now I'm stylin'. The teacher had the kids all write down why their mom's are important. Then she read them all and we had to guess which one our kid wrote. I was pretty sure which one was mine by the third line. But the fourth line sealed the deal! This is what Landon wrote: "The important thing about my mom is she makes food for me. We have a house. We like to play crazy eights. She loves to rest. The important thing about my mom is she makes food for me." The teacher made sure to point out to all the other mom's that I have a good reason to rest, because I have 4 kids and Landon is my oldest. All the mom's looked at me and gasped with looks of admiration (more like looks of horror, but I'll let myself believe it was admiration).

3~Landon also made book about me. This is what it had to say.
My mom is the prettiest when 'she fikx her har' (fixes her hair).
Her favorite food is 'coces' (cookies-YEP!)
But I know she's really angry when 'tar is a lot of nois' (there is a lot of noise-right again!)
If I could give my Mom anything in the world, I would give her 'a robot to do all the wrk' (work- This one was my FAVORITE!)
My Mom makes the best 'coces' (cookies)
I call my Mom 'Mom'. Her real name is 'Sarah'.
I think my mom is funny when she 'tekls me it makes me laf (tickles me, it makes me laugh).

4~ Sometimes I really worry about my mental health. My cell phone has been making this annoying beep noise when I'm talking on it (for the past 6 months AT LEAST). It's not because the battery is dying, just a random beep every now and then. This past week I was playing around with my VERY low-tech cell phone and realized that the 'Minute Beep' was set to 'ON'. I didn't even know what that was or how it got switched to on, but guess what. I switched it to off, and my phone doesn't do that random beeping any more (which come to find out wasn't really random, but timed to beep every minute so you could have a reminder of how many minutes you're using).

5~ My mom, dad, sister and brother-in-law all went to a FREE Bare Naked Ladies concert (the band, obviously) last night. I was a HUGE Bare Naked Ladies fan in college. I've never seen them in concert though so I was bummed that I missed it. They did call me from the concert so I could hear some of it. My mom and sister both said it wasn't the best concert, so I shouldn't feel too bad (and honestly, that did make me feel a bit better).

6~ I think I'm going to move Ella out of our room today. She's been sleeping through the night for about a week or so now, so I'm ready to have her in Grant's room.

7~ Speaking of which, she's kind of ruining my 'time-out' by laying in her bed grumping instead of sleeping. Not really crying just grumping about life in general (I wonder where she learned that!).

8~ Mother's day is tomorrow, and I actually planned on doing gifts for my mom and mother-in-law this year (which, because I'm an ungrateful snot, I never do) but still haven't gotten them in the mail yet. Better late than never, right?

9~ Steven asked me last night what I want for Mothers Day, which leads me to believe that he still hasn't gotten me anything, which probably means I won't get anything (but lots of love, which, to be honest, is fine by me!)

Okay, my time-out is over. Back to real life.

1 comment:

Searls Stuff said...

I wish you had taken a picture of the hat and necklace. I am always looking for gift ideas for MY class;-)