Thursday, May 5, 2011

Let's make this quick

I've got a "Teacher Appreciation" gift to finish up, more cabinets to finish, and a TON of laundry to fold, so this might be kind of short (or kind of long, depending on how much I want to procrastinate the other things).

First things first, here's a preview of what our refinished cabinets look like. I still have to finish the rest of the doors, clean and paint the trim, and paint the walls, but it's already quite the improvement!!
BEFORE: Taken when we repainted the kitchen about 3 years ago.AFTER: Taken today, but the molding isn't secure on the top yet (obviously).So, there you have it (Amanda) a sneak peek into our old cabinets made over!

In other news, today was hat day for Landon at school. He didn't have a hat that fit him anymore, besides the Mario one I made for him at Halloween. So I ran out and bought this one for him. I thought Nana would be proud to see him in his Cincinnati Reds hat and Buckeye shirt. I'm ashamed to admit (but probably not as ashamed as my mom will be when she hears this) that I wasn't sure if that was a Reds hat or a Chicago Red Sox hat. I don't have a clue what the Red Sox hat looks like, but for some reason I was a bit confused at first. Either way, Landon had a great time wearing it to school today. He's getting SO big (and so darn handsome!!)He also lost another tooth today. I got the kids ring pop suckers (3 for $0.15 at wal-mart after Easter sale aisle) and while he was sucking on that today his tooth fell out. Boy, oh boy, was he excited!!

The kids had gymnastics tonight, and while Addie and I were waiting for Landon to finish up a lady came over and was talking to another lady kind of close to us. After listening to the lady for a bit Addie asked me 'Mom, do you want to talk to her?' motioning towards the lady. I told her that I didn't and asked why she wanted to know and she said 'Because you really like talking too'. Hmmm...maybe, just maybe, I talk too much!Grant has been funny and quite sassy lately. He's becoming a bit aggressive towards Landon and Addie (probably rightfully so) and he's also taking after his older brother and sister. He's started tattling on them. And it's obvious that he doesn't quite know how it's done, but just thinks he supposed to do it. Lately he'll hit or kick Landon or Addie, then come and tell me 'Mom, Addie kicked me' or 'Mom, Landon hit me' when really he was the one doing the kicking and hitting. I have to try my hardest to suppress my laughs because he tells me with such a serious face!Well, I supposed I've procrastinated long enough. I'd better get back to work!

5 comments:

Kathy N said...

Chicago has White Sox, not Red Sox...just saying.

Lace and Joe said...

Bahahaha! I just love you Sarah! Cute kids!

The Asays said...

Or maybe you thought it could have been a Chicago Cubs hat, which usually have a red C.
Also, where is Landon's Purdue gear? Wearing buckeyes shirt to school could be a death sentence. Just teasing, it's probably just a death sentence in my house.

Katy Wilson said...

Daron is a Buckeyes fan since he is originally from Ohio...so he would of been rpoud of Landons outfit!

Searls Stuff said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THE CABINETS!!!! How did you guys do that???