Sunday, May 8, 2011

Shhh...don't tell

I should be taking a nap. That's what I was told to do, while the kids and Steven make dinner and clean up. I'm pretty darn excited about that. Alone in my room to nap(although, Ella is starting to fuss, so I'm sure she'll be joining me shortly for a feeding). Speak of the devil, Landon just walked in with her!

Anyway, I always feel very torn on Mother's Day. Sometimes I feel disappointed that more stuff wasn't done for me (selfish, I know!) and other times I feel very inadequate. Today I'm feeling quite inadequate. Steven had to be at meetings at 8:00 this morning, so I didn't get pampered this morning. I didn't get any gifts, and I really don't mind. But all through church I reflected on the kind of mother that I am and what kind of mother I want to be. And to be honest, I'm really falling short. And my kids deserve a LOT better! So, I'm vowing, starting today, I will, every day, do better than the day before. And I just wanted to show a couple reasons why I love being a mom, and why I love Mother's Day. I couldn't ask for a better job and I truly love what I do! I wish I could put into words just how much I love these kids, and how much meaning they give to my life. They provide me with MANY opportunities to grow and develop. I know I couldn't become what Heavenly Father wants me to be if I weren't a mother. I've learned a ton and have a very long way to go.

I have also been so very blessed to have my wonderful mother in my life. She's amazing and has taught me so much. I'm sure, even now, I depend and rely on her too much. I can not imagine my life without her. I love you mom!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Sarah, we're so much alike it's eerie. some of the things you write I swear you rip from my own heart/brain.
Madisen wore that same zebra print dress yesterday...weird...

Kathy said...

Sarah, I didn't get a chance to tell you what a great mother I think you are. I am so proud of you and your little family. Keep up the good work. Happy Mother's Day!

Katy Wilson said...

I know we can always strive to be better...but I hardly doubt you are failing your kids or that they deserve too much better than what you do for them! I am hardly every with you anymore and we don't get to visit very often, but there is no doubt in my mind you are one of the best mothers I know!