I can not believe this little guy is 3 years old!!!! How?!
Oh Grant. He's at the best stage right now. Everything he does is just so cute and funny. I mean, really, we're all completely smitten with this goofy little guy!
He LOVES to make us laugh. He loves to do his 'booty' dance to get us all rolling. He's still obsessed with Mr. Bean, Drums, and his dad. This year we were excited to have a french toast breakfast with dad before he went to work, then Grant opened up his presents. He got two cars. He's also a bit obsessed with the Cars characters!STILL a daddy's boy (below they are 'fighting', hence the tough face).
And every now and then he'll admit the he loves his mama too!!
Honestly, this little guy has brought more joy and laughter to our house than we can even describe. He's sweet, kind, funny, so lovable, and insanely adorable!!! We're hoping the terrible three's won't hit us too hard in the next year!
Now, I haven't blogged in a while because we went to Nauvoo this past weekend to visit with our dear friends the Smiths. We we so excited to meet up with their son, Cooper, and his wife, Nina, while we were there. Cooper and Nina are living in Columbia (as in the country, gasp!) and were back in the States in the holidays. I'm sad to say that I didn't take very many pictures! And then, half the ones I took I somehow left on the Smith's computer, and they're no longer on my camera!!!! URRRGG!!! Anyway, I'll try to get the pictures I'm missing of the super cute cake pops that we made, but it won't be for a couple days (um...or maybe weeks!).
Anyway, this is how we traveled to Nauvoo.
Yep, that's an ironing board with a tv on top. Our van has been needing to get into the shop for quite a while now, but since we only have one car, we haven't really been able to take it in. So, we borrowed a friends 12 passenger van to take to Nauvoo. And, our friend whom we borrowed the van from rigged up this contraption for the kids to watch while we were driving. It was SUPER sturdy, so we didn't worry about it falling on anyone. It really made the drive more enjoyable!
And, moving right along, we missed some advent activities while we were in Nauvoo, but today we went to make some candy canes as our Christmas Craft.
It was really neat to watch them turn the candy cane mixture from the color above (on the table) to the color below, as they pulled it on a hook and let the air move through it and cool it off.
The kids really likes making theirs into different shapes.
It was a great way to spend the evening with Dad at work. We followed it up with dinner at Chick Fil A so I wouldn't have to cook. It was a pretty darn good Family Night!!

No comments:
Post a Comment