Anyway...on to Christmas. One of the crafts we did was to make this advent calendar. Thanks to pintrest (my new obsession) I found this super cute idea of displaying an activity advent calendar. In each pocket is a card and on the card is an activity to do that day. I'm SO excited to start this!! Today is our first day and so we're hanging our stockings. Most of the things are pretty simple, but I'm excited to focus on doing things as a family and making memories together.
(*disclaimer-I DO NOT like the way these pictures make my walls look. I don't then the yellow is quite that offensive in real life!)
And see those cute Santa's on the piano? They're my very favorite Christmas decorations. Why you ask? Because my dad carved and painted them for me. I get so excited to put them out every December and so sad to put them away every January.
Today we opened the first card of our advent activity calendar. We had two things. To hang stockings and drink hot cocoa. I thought we'd start simple and this is the thing I love about my kids. They were SO excited about drinking hot cocoa and hanging those stockings!
Also, tonight Landon had his first piano recital. He was pretty nervous at first, but he did so great!!! We were so proud of him!
Isn't he a handsome boy?! Sheesh, how did he get so big and cute?! He was proud of himself. He's been taking lessons the shortest of everyone else there, but he did great!

5 comments:
WAY CUTE Advent Calender!!!!! I LOVE it!!! ~Tally
I thought the yellow walls were a good color backdrop for the advent calendar. Does that mean you think I have bad taste? And that last picture of Landon does make him seem so grown up!
You're right, Landon is handsome!
Wow! He really looks like his Daddy. Super cute advent calendar!
did your dad REALLY carve and paint those for you? you may want to check on the bottom for a little gold sticker that says 'made in china'...
;) (I hope you remember why this is funny!) (( also...my word verification for this post was CATIE...close enough to be cool!))
Post a Comment