Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December 6th

The good news for today? We're all still alive. This is impressive since Steven is out of town until Wednesday, and it always seems like the day before he gets home is the longest. Maybe because it seems like him coming home is SOOO close, but somehow we survived this LONG day. When I picked Addie up from school at noon Landon was out at recess and informed me that he wasn't feeling well. So, I went ahead and brought him home too. One good thing is that I did get two of the three nightgowns I'm making for Christmas cut out (I'm making nightgowns for my girls and niece and my sister is making pajama pants for the boys. I sure hope the nightgowns turn out, because if they do, it will be SO cute!). I've been procrastinating cutting them out but now that it's done, I can get sewing in all my free time (ha!).

Anyway, today our advent activity was to play a new game. When I made up these cards, I bought the game Uno with this card in mind. However, the kids saw the game earlier last week, and we've kind of been playing it since then. That's okay though, we had a good time playing once we got Ella to bed (and Grant decided he'd rather play on PBS or something).
And in other news, Sheldon the elf has come out again. The kids LOVE finding him every morning. Last night, he hid in a very easy spot. On the small window on our stairs. He must have been looking at the stars and then fell asleep before he hid! The kids thought it was hilarious to find him like this!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I love Sheldon but he looks like he needs a bath :)