Steven had to work this morning, and since we're making due with one car right now, I wasn't really sure if we'd make it out to the store to get the gifts. Luckily, we have a few gifts here that we've bought for birthday's and such so I decided that we'd play 'store'. We cleaned up the toy room, priced all the toys (including the new ones we'd be taking for Jubilee,) and then we took turns being the store clerks and the shoppers. The kids had a BLAST! Later, after Steven was home from work, we ended up running out to get the 2 year old gift, since I didn't really have anything for that age group.
| Addie shopping at the store. |
| Grant scanning everything and telling her the total (with Landon's help) |
We ended up going to the Ward Christmas Party instead of Steven's work party because we couldn't find a babysitter, due to the Ward party! To be honest, I was pretty bummed. I mean, a work party where people tell me how much they like my husband (and me for sending in treats they all like) and we get a dinner and NO kids OR a church party where our kids run wild, you're lucky if only one kid spill a drink all over their food, and I spend the whole time wrestling with Ella. That's sounds negative towards Ward parties, and I don't mean that at all. I love church parties. And I thought the people who put ours on this year did a great time, I would just rather have had something that felt more like a 'date' party. But, it was good. Addie and Ella wore the shirts that we made them over Thanksgiving. Mom made Ella's (which she tore one of the ribbons half way off of!) and I made Addie's. Thanks to my Aunt Rhonda for getting the supplies and idea for us to do it over Thanksgiving!!
And, last but not least, today I was given a beautiful table from a wonderful lady at church.We out grew our table a while ago. We've been making due with a small table we can't really fit around because we don't have room for a really big table, and because we couldn't afford a new nice one. So, we've been keeping our eye out on Craigslist and things, and to my delight, a lady from church offered us hers!! She's moving next week, and couldn't take it with her. It was her mother's table (and she's probably old enough to be my Grandma). So, without further adieu, here's my now table (and now we can invite people over for dinner because we can fit more than 4 people at our table!! YEA!!!).
It came with four chairs, but seats 6 without any leaves in it. But it came with two leaves, and a nice pad that you put on top of the table to protect it. I'll need to reupholster the chairs, since they're pink, and my kitchen walls are red (hopefully, soon to be blue). But I'm SO excited!! How nice it will be to be able to sit comfortably at the table!!! I'm so sad to see Catherine (the lady who gave us the table) move, but SO thrilled to have this table in my home!!!
2 comments:
I LOVE Addie and Ella's shirts! Awesome table too. ~Tally
Love the shirts! I might just have to make some for my little ones!
Post a Comment